jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Lately I’ve been seeing some very innovative designs that are mixing genres.
    I saw a piece by j Rivera the other day that was a new traditional “Indian” woman with a geometric face.
    I stared at it for at least 4 minutes. At first I was iffy but it really is stuff like this that push the art forward.

If I can find it again I’ll post it.
    Anybody know how to steal photos off instagram?

But I have also been seeing a lot of realism with geometric backgrounds lately. And personally I like what I’m seeing.

Discuss.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I like some of the abstract tattoos of late.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I also like them but for me personally it is not something I would have done 🙂

You can get an app to download pictures from IG!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I like it! I personally don’t like realism, so I’m happy to see something different! Jimmy Duvall here in Norway does some really cool geometric work(BertNaked has some of them), and I love it. Been seeing more of that recently, plus a lot of other takes on it, and I’m excited to see what comes next!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Both of my last two are realistic tattoos with some abstract elements as part of the background/outside edges. TattooIsh did them both. It’s kind of his thing these days. He thinks it’s better than just reproducing the reference piece. I think it’s cool, it adds a little something extra and makes for an interesting tattoo.

My peacock is a mixture of both more realistic and modern art. The head, wings, roses and branches lean toward realism while the leaves and tail are a little more modern art (or kind of abstract, sorry, I don’t know art genres). Either way it is a fantastic piece.

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@jerryatrophy 135091 wrote:

Lately I’ve been seeing some very innovative designs that are mixing genres.
    I saw a piece by j Rivera the other day that was a new traditional “Indian” woman with a geometric face.
    I stared at it for at least 4 minutes. At first I was iffy but it really is stuff like this that push the art forward.

If I can find it again I’ll post it.
    Anybody know how to steal photos off instagram?

But I have also been seeing a lot of realism with geometric backgrounds lately. And personally I like what I’m seeing.

Discuss.

do you mean in the same continuous arm or leg piece ? or different parts of the body ? because I have several genres or styles on my body.
    I guess you could say I mixed genres/styles on my knees ! LOL
    ship3.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

People ask why I only have tattoos on my right side. I just reply something stupid like “Give me time”.

The fact is that I don’t know which way I’ll go. Hell, I may go to barber school when I retire from the railroad and do my left leg as a barber pole.

Some of the new tattoo styles are very intriguing. Who knows?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Prt sc might work. Good art is good art. I don’t think it has to stylistically fit into a box to be good.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@NorCalDan 135119 wrote:

do you mean in the same continuous arm or leg piece ? or different parts of the body ? because I have several genres or styles on my body.
    I guess you could say I mixed genres/styles on my knees ! LOL
    ship3.jpg

More specifically mixing genres in the same piece. Here’s a screen cap of the tattoo I was speaking of.
    Screenshot_2013-10-23-00-44-09_zps34a2170b.png

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 135156 wrote:

More specifically mixing genres in the same piece. Here’s a screen cap of the tattoo I was speaking of.

Wow! That’s intense!

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

I see,that’s very cool,I like mixing the styles.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

This guy (Javier Rivera) is doing a guest spot at ink and dagger next week. Its killing me that I’m broke.
    I was just talking to him about if he was coming back down here and he did! Short notice!
    I will have work by this guy. Eventually.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@jerryatrophy 135410 wrote:

This guy (Javier Rivera) is doing a guest spot at ink and dagger next week. Its killing me that I’m broke.
    I was just talking to him about if he was coming back down here and he did! Short notice!
    I will have work by this guy. Eventually.

Doh. Just sent him an email. Well see how/if this pans out.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Yes, fuck yes! Something around that pool would be amazing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.