GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’m in favor of a body positive attitude, but I also inhabit the real world. I love running and I love biomechanical pieces. I wouldn’t dare get a biomechanical piece on my arm since it doesn’t have the nice curvature …. I love them on a great bicep. However, at my peak level of fitness, I could enjoy such a piece on my thigh. Anyone else feel this way,that some pieces aren’t right for them at some points? At what point do you have to look honestly at your body and say it won’t work?

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

That is a very interesting point, and one I’ve never considered before. Obviously with biomechanics you’d always be fitter and stronger than “normal” humans, so it really doesn’t make sense to have biomechanics on flabby skin and skinny limbs.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I Just try and look for artwork I love. I don’t like bio but have seen awesome pieces.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@ArniVidar 134543 wrote:

That is a very interesting point, and one I’ve never considered before. Obviously with biomechanics you’d always be fitter and stronger than “normal” humans, so it really doesn’t make sense to have biomechanics on flabby skin and skinny limbs.

What he said ^^^^^^.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@ArniVidar 134543 wrote:

I mean, right now you look at the talking/walking robots in Japan and they’re a little jumpy and weird and “uncanny valley,” but I agree. Biomech is a powerful symbol for the dedicated athlete. (It’s okay for the occasional one, too, I guess. 😉 )

@peterpoose 134549 wrote:

I Just try and look for artwork I love. I don’t like bio but have seen awesome pieces.

I think you have an amazing talent for recognizing fine art and what fine art goes on your body. Every supposed collector should try to reach that level.

@Call_me_Lola 134564 wrote:

What he said ^^^^^^.

HEY! Where you been, hot stuff?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Sorry. I don’t think you need to be an athlete to have a good biomechanical tattoo. I think a competent tattoo artist can design a biomechanical tattoo specifically for your body. Body parts are body parts. They may just be in different sizes and shapes.

I can see a tattoo of the vascular system pumping globs of cholesterol through it. It could be colorful. (I wouldn’t want one personally)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 134571 wrote:

Sorry. I don’t think you need to be an athlete to have a good biomechanical tattoo. I think a competent tattoo artist can design a biomechanical tattoo specifically for your body. Body parts are body parts. They may just be in different sizes and shapes.

I can see a tattoo of the vascular system pumping globs of cholesterol through it. It could be colorful. (I wouldn’t want one personally)

Sam, I like and appreciate your respectful but differing opinions so much, and I am so glad you’re here. 🙂

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well my stomach piece did look better a couple kilos ago… I used to be a top athlete, and I’m sure if I still was I would’ve gotten something to symbolize it, but probably not biomech. If I ever had surgery and got steel parts or something, I totally would though! ;D

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I didn’t know you were into sports! What sport?

And the whole reason for my abdominal piece is to cover up. No shame in that!

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

My leg biomech piece serves as a reminder that keeping fit and active is so desperately important.
    I’ve got pretty big legs, I do a lot of miles on the mountain bike which is what it’s all about.
    It’s been a tough year though, I left my Wife of 22 Years, had a load of additional stress and long story short is I haven’t been out on the bike for weeks.
    So, currently, it doesn’t really suit me but it’s still sitting there as a reminder of what I need to do and to get back on track.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

As far as the initial question goes I think that if you’re just getting into fitness then I’d wait. Since all biomech pieces are fit to your body if you bulk up later it might lose the “flow”. My 2 cents.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Agreed, Jerry. (For the record, been running since I was 11, practicing yoga since I was 17.)

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

😉

……..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.