Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’m glad it’s coming around. (and your nipple didn’t fall off!)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Looks like it’s on the right path. Keep doing what you’re doing and we’ll just have to ride this one out.

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

Definitely looking better than the first pic you posted. Hope it heals up well for you.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Thanks all, I will keep posting progress shots lol

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Next stage in the healing process. How do you guys think its looking? Easily repairable?

Heal.jpg
    image hosting websites

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

You know the really awesome thing about you pasty white Englishmen? (I have the same skin tone; I’m not trying to be shady. 😉 ) You heal really well with minimal scarring. This would mean it would be like working on a clean palette, and easily repaired.*

*Based on medical knowledge, not tattoo knowledge.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Looks much better.
    That should come out well.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Doesn’t look like its going to need much repairing at all! 🙂 Hard to tell until the silvery skin wears off, but its looking good!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 134628 wrote:

You know the really awesome thing about you pasty white Englishmen? (I have the same skin tone; I’m not trying to be shady. 😉 ) You heal really well with minimal scarring. This would mean it would be like working on a clean palette, and easily repaired.*

*Based on medical knowledge, not tattoo knowledge.

At the last convention I was at I got to meet the artist that I am seeing next week. I introduced myself and mentioned that I had an appointment already booked with him. His reply? “Ooooooooo … look how white your skin is … and … OHHHHHH … look how nice you heal”. His exact words.

And this is at the end of summer and after 5 days in LA. If he thought that I was pale then, wait until he sees me next week now that my “tan” is fading. (I tan a lovely shade that I refer to as “dark white”.) What can I say – I got my Grandpa’s Irish skin.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Call_me_Lola 134640 wrote:

At the last convention I was at I got to meet the artist that I am seeing next week. I introduced myself and mentioned that I had an appointment already booked with him. His reply? “Ooooooooo … look how white your skin is … and … OHHHHHH … look how nice you heal”. His exact words.

And this is at the end of summer and after 5 days in LA. If he thought that I was pale then, wait until he sees me next week now that my “tan” is fading. (I tan a lovely shade that I refer to as “dark white”.) What can I say – I got my Grandpa’s Irish skin.

When you’re doing something to skin, like putting in sutures JUST in the skin, true white skin is the easiest because when you separate the layers, you can literally see through it. This is probably why tattoo artists like it, too. On top of that, it just heals without scarring better. Not sure if it’s because it’s easier to see what you’re doing, or it’s just better at healing without messing up.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I got tattooed in Florida after being there for 4-5 days, and Ryan didn’t believe me when I said I had a tan…
    And I felt super tan! Haha, he just mocked me for being a white girl. My normal color is almost transparent, porcelain skin. Kind of annoying.
    I actually had a dark skinned girl stop me in Miami, and say she wished colored tattoos looked like that on her skin. I had no idea how to reply.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.