GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

We all know Peter, Pox, and other people have had back to back tattoos (open wounds) and not died.

So I have a bit of a situation. I have some stretchmarks I want covered with some pretty dark blue flowers. I want them healed by mid-November come hell or high water. I just had a tattoo done on Friday. It’s doing well. Done peeling for the most part. Doing well. Nice dry-healing.

Look, I know I should wait six weeks. But I really this done and need it lookin’ good down there. Don’t make me explain except I have some stretchmarks from puberty and I don’t want to relive any childhood trauma at this upcoming time. Advice! How long should I wait? How long before I do it? My artist had a big art show (he paints) this weekend and hasn’t returned my email. I’ll ring him this Friday if I hear nothing. I really want to be lookin’ cute for this. I need help.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Are you going over the tattoo of Friday, or a different area?

I get tattooed sometimes a day apart but not the same area.

My Rainbow lizard was touched up about three weeks after it was originally done. It went well, but the pain level was more severe.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

We’re going from left side/hip to both inner thighs. I’m told the inner thighs will hurt less. (I guess they’re supposed to take a little damage based on our past savagery of mating.)

I just had the tiger done on the hip, and now I want some dark blue flowers to make it all inviting down there for someone.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 133662 wrote:

We’re going from left side/hip to both inner thighs. I’m told the inner thighs will hurt less. (I guess they’re supposed to take a little damage based on our past savagery of mating.)

I just had the tiger done on the hip, and now I want some dark blue flowers to make it all inviting down there for someone.

It will be okay. Just take a bullet to bite on!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

This Friday I take my mother shopping (my only off day) and she’s afraid of tattoo people (including me). However, I’ll get the new schedule on the same day and give Mr. Ryan a ring and tell him surely we can work something out. I really would feel better with this fixed.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Uhh. You can get tattooed as often as you like. Lol. Its your body.
    I had some stretch marks tattooed over on my bicep and it looked rough for a while. The stretch marks actually swell. But once its all healed you won’t be able to see them.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

If getting tattooed in the exact same spot, you need to let it rest for a little bit. Usually three weeks is plenty. (f.ex if you do lines + shading one session, color another..)

But different spots? Whenever you feel up for it. I see no reason whatsoever to do six weeks between different tattoos..
    Except maybe if it’s been a 12 hour session and you’ve been feeling sick or gotten an infection or something like that. As long as you are feeling good and don’t have any kind of infection in your body, go for it ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

you could easily get tattooed say right hip one day and the left a few days later – as poxphobia says its really how run down (or not) you feel a few days later

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You’ll be just fine

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@jerryatrophy 133667 wrote:

Uhh. You can get tattooed as often as you like. Lol. Its your body.
    I had some stretch marks tattooed over on my bicep and it looked rough for a while. The stretch marks actually swell. But once its all healed you won’t be able to see them.

I meant in terms of standard infection control, and the healing process, ya Ding Dong. SILENCE! :p

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 133669 wrote:

If getting tattooed in the exact same spot, you need to let it rest for a little bit. Usually three weeks is plenty. (f.ex if you do lines + shading one session, color another..)

But different spots? Whenever you feel up for it. I see no reason whatsoever to do six weeks between different tattoos..
    Except maybe if it’s been a 12 hour session and you’ve been feeling sick or gotten an infection or something like that. As long as you are feeling good and don’t have any kind of infection in your body, go for it ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve always tried to use medicine’s overcautious rules, but at this point, I am not immunocompromised. I can’t wait to get this tattoo done!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 133678 wrote:

I meant in terms of standard infection control.

Put a condom over the machine.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 133687 wrote:

Put a condom over the machine.

Baby, I always don my PPE before I get down.

Ryan sent me a text (waking me up, along with a wailing cat whose blanket had slipped off her body) and he said we can do it this month. He has really good anatomical and infectious disease knowledge for a tattoo artist (not downing most, but his knowledge is superior), and I’ll call him Friday and set up a date. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so excited! I really want this to be looking good by mid November.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

If you’re getting tatttooed in the same area, 2 weeks is just about right. 6 weeks is far, far more than needed. I’ve done that in the neighborhood of a dozen times, and I’ve never had any problems. No scarring, my tattoos are like glass. Every tattoo artist I’ve ever personally met has suggested 2 weeks, and that’s been borne out by my own experience.

If it’s on a different area, shit, you can start pretty much immediately. It’s all honestly up to your own pain tolerance.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.