GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Hello-Kitty-tattoo-toe-version.jpg

Ignore her rude gesture, but I’ve always liked that little tattoo from the moment I saw it. I posted this on LST asking questions about wear and tear, and someone responded that no reputable artist would ever do such a tattoo. (I was thinking of Jake from AT and placing him on top of my foot is impossible. Is it true no reputable artist would tattoo in a place that would require a lot of touch ups? I have normal-small toes and wear a 7, sometimes a 6. I mean, you see artists doing knuckle, hand, and ankle tattoos, and those wear fast. Be brutally honest. Please advise.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

The bottom of her foot looks tender and I suspect she takes good care of it. I despise wearing shoes (and other garments) and the bottom of my feet would not be a very good location for a tattoo.

Where do you stand GCL? (every pun intended)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Yikes, no thanks! I don’t even want the top of my feet tattooed 😛

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 133647 wrote:

The bottom of her foot looks tender and I suspect she takes good care of it. I despise wearing shoes (and other garments) and the bottom of my feet would not be a very good location for a tattoo.

Where do you stand GCL? (every pun intended)

My feet are pretty tender, no severe callous despite being a runner. I wear heavy duty shoes, socks, and support insoles for most of my work and a lot of my play. I take good care of my feet and skin, since I only get one set. I was a little alarmed that the person who spoke to me spoke to me as though I had the brains of a jar of pickles, and asserted NO reputable artist would put a tattoo in a place that gets work. Knuckle and finger tattoos get work to DEATH and lots of talented artists do those. You just retouch it. If I hate it, it’s on the bottom of my toe. I can ignore it.

And, Mistress, one thing I can say after extensive torso tattooing and ovarian cancer: If it hurts me that bad, I’ll be shocked.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mistress_Of_Pain 133652 wrote:

Yikes, no thanks! I don’t even want the top of my feet tattooed 😛

Depending on the content, I think a tattoo on a woman’s foot can be very sensual.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It’s a little talking doggy from a cartoon. Not a beautiful flower. 😉 That’s why it’s on the bottom.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Here is the thing; Yes, a lot of people have finger/knuckle tattoos. Knuckle tattoos don’t necessarily need too much touch ups, finger tattoos do. Most knuckle and ankle tattoos can stand for years and years. Totally depends.
    And; A lot of people have stopped doing finger tattoos. Rihanna and those damn mustache tattoos made just about every artist I know hate them.

One reason? Most shops do free touch ups. But they cost time and money. When the same person comes in once a month for a touch up, it doesn’t take long before you’re just losing money. And suddenly, a LOT of people need touch ups all the time, and suddenly you’re losing 10 hours worth a month.
    They tell people over and over and over again; This isn’t going to heal well! And they don’t listen and come back grumpy when their tattoo is almost gone.

A toe tattoo is going to disappear. No matter what. The skin on your foot is regenerated very often, same goes for palms, which is why finger tattoos suck. Knuckles and ankles are more like the rest of your skin, so they hold up good. My back tattoo f.ex isn’t disappearing just because I use a bra every day.
    So no matter if you’re in a wheelchair and never use your foot, it’s going to disappear or look like crap, probably before it’s even healed.

So yeah.. It’s never going to look especially great except maybe 5 days after it’s been done.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I’ve seen a lot of shops implement a “free touchups….except hands and feet” policy.
    If you want it get it. Just don’t expect it to last. I mean honestly how often does anyone really look at the bottom of their feet?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@GrayCatLove 133645 wrote:

I posted this on LST asking questions about wear and tear.

God I hate LST they probably hated it because it wasn’t traditional. You could post up a world class tattoo and they would all be like: yawn it’s ok I guess. but then someone posts up some half assed done traditional tattoo and the are jizzing themselves.

It will not last to long but if you want it get it. An artist will do it money is money.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Most good tattoos artists will do it for you but warn you they will not be doing touch ups – buyer beware

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 133665 wrote:

Here is the thing; Yes, a lot of people have finger/knuckle tattoos. Knuckle tattoos don’t necessarily need too much touch ups, finger tattoos do. Most knuckle and ankle tattoos can stand for years and years. Totally depends.
    And; A lot of people have stopped doing finger tattoos. Rihanna and those damn mustache tattoos made just about every artist I know hate them.

One reason? Most shops do free touch ups. But they cost time and money. When the same person comes in once a month for a touch up, it doesn’t take long before you’re just losing money. And suddenly, a LOT of people need touch ups all the time, and suddenly you’re losing 10 hours worth a month.
    They tell people over and over and over again; This isn’t going to heal well! And they don’t listen and come back grumpy when their tattoo is almost gone.

A toe tattoo is going to disappear. No matter what. The skin on your foot is regenerated very often, same goes for palms, which is why finger tattoos suck. Knuckles and ankles are more like the rest of your skin, so they hold up good. My back tattoo f.ex isn’t disappearing just because I use a bra every day.
    So no matter if you’re in a wheelchair and never use your foot, it’s going to disappear or look like crap, probably before it’s even healed.

So yeah.. It’s never going to look especially great except maybe 5 days after it’s been done.

Honey, you’ve given me the answer I was looking for. Thank you, ma’am. I will not be doing it.

@buttwheat 133674 wrote:

God I hate LST they probably hated it because it wasn’t traditional. You could post up a world class tattoo and they would all be like: yawn it’s ok I guess. but then someone posts up some half assed done traditional tattoo and the are jizzing themselves.

It will not last to long but if you want it get it. An artist will do it money is money.

I don’t like them because many of them are rude, will criticize you, but are not able to expand on WHY something “sucks so bad.”

Anyway, no tootsie tattoo for this kid.

We HEART LA
    Participant
    @we-heart-la

IMO I would not waste your Time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.