GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I have a ways to go before I do this… I want to have at least ten, and I want to retouch the one on my thigh, but has anyone done this? Any idea on pricing? Is it worth the money to look back on this fondly?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@GrayCatLove 133532 wrote:

I have a ways to go before I do this… I want to have at least ten, and I want to retouch the one on my thigh, but has anyone done this? Any idea on pricing? Is it worth the money to look back on this fondly?

Most of my artists take pretty professional photos that I could use anyhows. I would like one of my full sleeve done professionally ๐Ÿ™‚

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Ryan did my abdominal since it was such a massive cover-up, just in case he has other surgical/cancer patients in the future. I actually give referrals to Ryan in my business. How’s that for weird?

I’m thinking of getting a professional photographer and just getting some nice pics done, maybe in the nude while I’m still young and got the bod (sorta).

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 133547 wrote:

Ryan did my abdominal since it was such a massive cover-up, just in case he has other surgical/cancer patients in the future. I actually give referrals to Ryan in my business. How’s that for weird?

I’m thinking of getting a professional photographer and just getting some nice pics done, maybe in the nude while I’m still young and got the bod (sorta).

I say GO FOR IT!!! They will probably turn out amazing. And you can finally see your art from the same view that everyone else does. Instead of upside down or a reverse image in a mirror.

There were a couple of professional photographers taking pictures during the convention in Ventura, and I know that they got a bunch of shots of Ish and my tattoo while he was working on it. But they had to leave before it was finished.

I have another appointment next month with another top notch artist so I’m planning to ask him to take some healed shots so I can send them to Ish. My photo taking skills suck, and my friend’s are worse.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I want to spread them out a bit for my next ones and touch up the cherry blossom before I photo, but the inner thighs are next.

I was thinking of starting my back piece with just my cat on my lower back… Eventually there will be a blooming tree inspired by “The Cat and the Tree,” but probably won’t be done with that in time for pics.

I want a tattoo that’s fun… Jake from Adventure Time on the bottom of my toe.

Big pieces will have to wait in the budget.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I have several such pictures ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m lucky and have a couple of friends who are professional photographers, and I was called in a few times when they studied photography and got to try out different things! ๐Ÿ™‚ Only done one shoot that didn’t focus on my ink, but then again I got to have skull makeup on and play Lady Gaga.

I’ve done a couple nude shoots too. I think its fun! I have some lovely shots of me from behind, showing of the piece on my back and my full sleeve ๐Ÿ™‚ Been talking about doing new pictures soon, as my collection has grown! (and honestly I think the photographer just wants to see me naked again)
    Haha, but its fun and they’re good to have! Hoping to do an outside-shoot this winter, naked in the snowy woods! Should contrast well with the ink ๐Ÿ™‚

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

@poxphobia 133555 wrote:

I’ve done a couple nude shoots too. I think its fun! I have some lovely shots of me from behind, showing of the piece on my back and my full sleeve ๐Ÿ™‚ Been talking about doing new pictures soon, as my collection has grown! (and honestly I think the photographer just wants to see me naked again)
    Haha, but its fun and they’re good to have! Hoping to do an outside-shoot this winter, naked in the snowy woods! Should contrast well with the ink ๐Ÿ™‚

Speaking in purley artistic terms, of course, I would be interested in seeing these photos. I’m always interested in composition, position…..

You’re buying that, right?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Haha, oh of course! Oh well, just for the hell of it I made a new album featuring some of the pics that professionals have taken of me over the years.

Oh, and back shot; The back piece has been finished now, and new things added to my other arm. (and for those looking very closely, yes that is a scar in the middle of the lily, cleaverly covered. I got stung by something not supposed to live in this part of the world, and hooray, I’m allergic as shit to it and almost had to have surgery because the infection aaalmost spread into my muscle tissue. Good fun. Made it to some medical journal and all!)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’m in a medical journal, too! High five! You really are a beauty, inside and out, and thanks for the advice.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

*wolf whistle* Hubba hubba.

More seriously though, your ink is pretty damn killer. You damn well should be proud!

While we’re on the subject, what’s in your album’s pretty tasty as well Cat.

My fiance’ used to be a professional photographer. Her camera equipment got ganked a while back, but as soon as she is able to beg r borrow a camera she’s going to do a photoshoot of my ink. I cannot wait!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@GrayCatLove 133559 wrote:

I’m in a medical journal, too! High five! You really are a beauty, inside and out, and thanks for the advice.

I strangely ended up in there not just once, but twice! Walking miracle and strange artifact for doctors. I got mono twice. Chicken pox three times. I specialize in pissing off nurses ;D You guys don’t like when it takes me three days to get to the hospital with a fractured skull. Haha, but thank you so much ^^ You are too ๐Ÿ™‚

Knighthawk; Thanks! Very happy about my ink so far, looking forward to getting some pics with more of it ๐Ÿ™‚

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I took a look at your new album. NICE pics. (And my brother got the Mumps 3 times as a kid. But sadly didn’t make it into any medical journals.)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 133561 wrote:

I strangely ended up in there not just once, but twice! Walking miracle and strange artifact for doctors. I got mono twice. Chicken pox three times. I specialize in pissing off nurses ;D You guys don’t like when it takes me three days to get to the hospital with a fractured skull. Haha, but thank you so much ^^ You are too ๐Ÿ™‚

Knighthawk; Thanks! Very happy about my ink so far, looking forward to getting some pics with more of it ๐Ÿ™‚

I had it twice. As a primary care provider, now I piss off the nurses. They need to get a little pissed and get off their fat asses. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You’re a doll and probably a great patient.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Nice photographs for sure.

If I were done getting tattooed I would have some pro shots taken. I guess when my leg is done would be cool.

I think the advantage in hiring a professional is that they may pose you in ways to accent your positive features. and detract from your negative features.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I have actually been considering it personally for a very long time. I have a few friends who are photographers. I’d like to get some professional pictures done of myself and my fiance after my current work in progress sleeve is done which should be soon. I’ve also considered modeling but eh, I don’t have the body for that ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.