Sherav
    Participant
      @sherav

So on the 1.5.14 I have booked in with my artist to get some more work done on my legs.

I have been planning for a long time to get my other leg done to cover up the skin graft.

Just tossing a general idea toying with for a biblical piece. (Atheists look away now 😉 ).

I fancy a full calf/thigh black and shade piece incoporating Moses on the mount.

He will be holding up one of the tablet of stone. Above I want God’s arm and hand descending from the clouds with a tattoo machine.

The tattoo machine will be engraving into the stone.

Above it I fancy having God is an artist flowing through the clouds.

My family have already declared me a heretic but it is something that I fancy doing and as I pointed out with the amount of ink I have already a bit more is not going to change anything.

Anyhow thoughts and suggestions are always welcome.

Take care
    Matthew

The only difference between a person with tattoos, and a person without is this. The person with tattoos does not care if you do not have any.
    peterpoose
    Participant
      @peterpoose

Just some images I collected when had a simliar idea, might not be to taste but might give you some ideas 🙂

image62.png
    capture screen

552284_301842033263210_1463834111_n.jpg
    image upload no size limit

Fresh_And_Useful_Adobe_Photoshop_Tutorials_1.jpg
    image search

A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
    Sam-I-Am
    Participant
      @sam-i-am

Religious pieces and portraits are not my cup of tea, but your idea sounds intriguing.

I defer further commenting to buttwheat as I believe he is well versed on Moses. (I know when he opens his mouth the “bull rushes”)

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

buttwheat
    Participant
      @buttwheat

Sounds like a cool spin on it. Go for it

BertNaked
    Participant
      @bertnaked

My artist did this Jesus on someone. Go weird or go home.

525300_432657973486214_1170037062_n.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
      @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 133415 wrote:

My artist did this Jesus on someone. Go weird or go home.

That is weird, but I like it. I hope it gets colored in though.

210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
      @call_me_lola

I’m not religious at all, but your ideas sound like they will make a very cool and interesting tattoo. It sounds very well thought out.

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price is long forgotten.
    Sherav
    Participant
      @sherav

Peter thanks for the images the second one is a very intriguing use of cloud and shade which I really like.
    That portrait is kinda odd but I can see the appeal – almost has a Polynesian hint to it. I really like art that challenges me.

I am thinking of a fairly old school style inspired by an artist called Giora Eshkol he did some really fantastic nude studies on oil (http://www.eshkol.com/paintingEN12.html) and some of his stuff is really odd (in a good way :)) but this particular http://eshkol.com/paintingEN18a.html is the one (minus the people) from which I want to base it but with more detail on the face.

I just wish I could afford to commission him.

Thanks for the input though!

Matthew

The only difference between a person with tattoos, and a person without is this. The person with tattoos does not care if you do not have any.
    yodaddynukka
    Participant
      @yodaddynukka

sounds like a good idea. who is your artist?

instagram: jookiest
    KnightHawk
    Participant
      @knighthawk

You come up with the best fuckin designs Lord Hull. Seriously!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

We HEART LA
    Participant
      @we-heart-la

I have a whole sleeve of religious work.(Working on the 2nd) I put my own spin on it though.

I was never religious either until this year when I had a change in faith. I think your Idea is GREAT! I have so many Idea’s myself but no $$ right now to have them displayed on my skin..

GrayCatLove
    Participant
      @graycatlove

It’s a cool, unique idea. And I personally promise God’s not freaking out about your tattoo of Moses. The Guy’s omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. It’s fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.