Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

So on the 1.5.14 I have booked in with my artist to get some more work done on my legs.

I have been planning for a long time to get my other leg done to cover up the skin graft.

Just tossing a general idea toying with for a biblical piece. (Atheists look away now 😉 ).

I fancy a full calf/thigh black and shade piece incoporating Moses on the mount.

He will be holding up one of the tablet of stone. Above I want God’s arm and hand descending from the clouds with a tattoo machine.

The tattoo machine will be engraving into the stone.

Above it I fancy having God is an artist flowing through the clouds.

My family have already declared me a heretic but it is something that I fancy doing and as I pointed out with the amount of ink I have already a bit more is not going to change anything.

Anyhow thoughts and suggestions are always welcome.

Take care
    Matthew

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Just some images I collected when had a simliar idea, might not be to taste but might give you some ideas 🙂

image62.png
    capture screen

552284_301842033263210_1463834111_n.jpg
    image upload no size limit

Fresh_And_Useful_Adobe_Photoshop_Tutorials_1.jpg
    image search

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Religious pieces and portraits are not my cup of tea, but your idea sounds intriguing.

I defer further commenting to buttwheat as I believe he is well versed on Moses. (I know when he opens his mouth the “bull rushes”)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Sounds like a cool spin on it. Go for it

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

My artist did this Jesus on someone. Go weird or go home.

525300_432657973486214_1170037062_n.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 133415 wrote:

My artist did this Jesus on someone. Go weird or go home.

That is weird, but I like it. I hope it gets colored in though.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I’m not religious at all, but your ideas sound like they will make a very cool and interesting tattoo. It sounds very well thought out.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Peter thanks for the images the second one is a very intriguing use of cloud and shade which I really like.
    That portrait is kinda odd but I can see the appeal – almost has a Polynesian hint to it. I really like art that challenges me.

I am thinking of a fairly old school style inspired by an artist called Giora Eshkol he did some really fantastic nude studies on oil (http://www.eshkol.com/paintingEN12.html) and some of his stuff is really odd (in a good way :)) but this particular http://eshkol.com/paintingEN18a.html is the one (minus the people) from which I want to base it but with more detail on the face.

I just wish I could afford to commission him.

Thanks for the input though!

Matthew

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

sounds like a good idea. who is your artist?

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

You come up with the best fuckin designs Lord Hull. Seriously!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

We HEART LA
    Participant
    @we-heart-la

I have a whole sleeve of religious work.(Working on the 2nd) I put my own spin on it though.

I was never religious either until this year when I had a change in faith. I think your Idea is GREAT! I have so many Idea’s myself but no $$ right now to have them displayed on my skin..

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It’s a cool, unique idea. And I personally promise God’s not freaking out about your tattoo of Moses. The Guy’s omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. It’s fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.