BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

So, I had an accident two weeks ago where I ended up with a broken elbow. So I had to use a cast for one week, and my arm is now fucked up.
    It’s crooked and my muscle is all floppy. But the crookedness is on the lower arm and the floppy shit is on the back on the upper arm, oposite side of where the tattoo is going to be.
    Will this be a problem for the artist?

My appointment is september 6th, two weeks from now. I might be able to train the arm a bit till then.

Any experiences on this?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

i think pics might help

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

brudd.jpg

Did a pose not long before the accident, so I could show placement to my artist.
    As you can see, the lower arm is a bit bendt because of the fracture, but training should heal that problem. My muscles on the sides are a bit like pudding now.

the right picture got a bit stretched..

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

A question where I’m halfway useful! Goody!

Your muscle has atrophied. That’s why it’s floppy. Rehab for the arm and restoring the former shape/getting rid of the atrophy will take a month at least.

I’ve seen injuries and atrophy with effects on old tattoos, and things like light sources and drop shadows that are based on the body part’s shape and muscle can end up looking screwy. I’ve not seen someone in the rehab process GET a tattoo on the damaged limb, but I wouldn’t advise it. This area just went through major trauma. 🙁 Even the minor trauma of a tattoo right now is not a fine idea.

However, call the artist and explain the nature of the injury. Take pictures in good light from the front with your arm in a position like you’re swearing in to court, and from the back so the artist AND you can really get a good look at it if you can’t go visit the artist yourself. These tattoo artists who are quality artists have great knowledge of anatomy, and will be able to tell you more details than we can from one dark pic.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 132080 wrote:

Any experiences on this?

Bert, I didn’t just break my elbow, I fucking crushed it. Also lower arm broken with plates on both bones. Now my “funny bone” isn’t just a tiny spot, it’s about four inches in diameter.
    It happened in 1980 while driving with my arm resting on the door window sill. I sideswiped a pole and jammed my elbow into the door frame.
    I was off work for six and 1/2 months.

I would love to tattoo parts of it, but the fucked up nerves are going to make it really tough. (I have only 5% movement in my elbow)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You will have to masturbate left handed to build the muscle back up

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 132137 wrote:

I appreciate your concerns butt. Fortunately I have long arms and I have the required 10 inches of movement at my hand.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@Sam-I-Am 132135 wrote:

Bert, I didn’t just break my elbow, I fucking crushed it. Also lower arm broken with plates on both bones. Now my “funny bone” isn’t just a tiny spot, it’s about four inches in diameter.
    It happened in 1980 while driving with my arm resting on the door window sill. I sideswiped a pole and jammed my elbow into the door frame.
    I was off work for six and 1/2 months.

I would love to tattoo parts of it, but the fucked up nerves are going to make it really tough. (I have only 5% movement in my elbow)

i want to see pics of THIS!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Here you go!

Accident happened July 20, 1980.

That would be one fucking awesome tattoo to cover that mess up!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Yeah that is gnarly!

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Now THAT’S A FLESHWOUND!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Chicks dig scars

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I might have nightmares about your arm, Sam.. But I have seen tattoos on similar kind of scars!

But yes, WAIT! Do not go in September 6th. A tattoo is a strain on your body, and your body needs to heal and rest.

I haven’t tattooed over anything broken, but I’ve tattooed over surgical scars that got inflamed and where the stitches came apart. I got tattooed over them about 5 years after, and it hurts. These scars are on the inside of my calf, and it hurts way more to get tattooed on the rest of that leg, than the other leg!!
    It’s more of a funny-pain, though. It’s different. It hurts, but it’s not.. “oh my god I can’t do this”-pain. But wait. Wait until you’ve healed! Not just because of the tattoo, but because you arm will have to be held in certain positions to get tattooed, it might be pressure on your arm, it might be twisted in positions that your bone won’t like just yet.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 132137 wrote:

That is my left arm. Since I have little feeling in my left hand due to nerve damage it feels like somebody else is doing it.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Well, my options are these then;

A) Have my arm back to normal in two weeks. And let the artist decide.
    B) Left arm.

It’s been over a week since I removed the cast, so the healing is on. GAAAAAAAAAH, fuck me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.