MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

I know that some people get them to remember them or cause they really like them. Is it a good idea to get a tattoo of a show/movie that you really like or really appreciate? I am thinking of getting a breaking bad tattoo because I really like it and its a show I can watch over and over its my favorite show.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Many would argue that getting any tattoo of a “fashion” item is a waste of canvas and money. That would include everything to do with bands, sports teams and basically anything “current”. It’s likely that very few people apart from yourself will like a Breaking Bad tattoo.

The main thing as always, however, is: If you like it, who the hell cares what others think? As long as it’s done WELL, even in here you will find approval.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

And in a year or two you won’t give a shit about that show. But if you want it go for it. Hell I have Yukon Cornelius tattooed on me

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Hello.

You don’t sat how old you are.

I’m 57. I started getting tattooed only last year. If I had started 30 years ago I would have tattoos of trains and track and shit. Now I would probably have too many to laser off. I don’t know what the fuck I would do now.

TiiffyRai94
    Participant
    @tiiffyrai94

U might get burned out on the show eventually, I mean times change and with it so do people. If I were you I would get something that is timeless something with meaning, like an obstacle you overcame.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@TiiffyRai94 132161 wrote:

U might get burned out on the show eventually, I mean times change and with it so do people. If I were you I would get something that is timeless something with meaning, like an obstacle you overcame.

Tattoos with deep meaning are typically the worst ones

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I think a tattoo of an iconic tv or movie character will stand the test of time. A tattoo of a current show, probably not so much.

I think that everyone will always recognize Yukon Cornelius. But 5 or 10 years from now a tattoo of a character from what is popular today will be forgotten. Although I have recently seen some KICKASS Breaking Bad tattoos on instagram, especially the one done by Carlos Rojas. (This DOES NOT mean that you should copy one of those.)

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

If you have a Ph.d in chemistry, go for it.

If not… Well, I’d reconsider. It’s a TV show you like right now. Three years ago I was hung up on Gossip Girl. Very happy I don’t have a gossip girl tattoo 😉
    I do however have a Hello kitty tattoo…

And a Star Wars tattoo! I got into Star Wars when I was seven years old, and I’ve loved it since. I’ve been wearing star wars gear and even did a cosplay once, so I felt that one I could stand by. You might not even remember this show in ten years..

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’m covering my left side in literature related tattoos. One’s a pretty obscure reference to Les Mis (A Rose in Misery chapter), and the other is more obvious Tengwar from LotR. I’d like to do something from the Dark Tower series and The Tyger on there. These are things that have stood the test of time, but if I really felt passionate about a film or piece of literature that was newer, sure, I’d get a tattoo based on it. (The Dark Tower series is relatively new, about forty years, so I guess that counts, and it’s a plan.)

I would get something that really strikes me to the soul. I like The Walking Dead, but I wouldn’t get a tattoo of it because it’s just a silly fun thing I like. However, some movies and TV shows change who you are and are a reflection of your values, no small thing, and worthy of a tattoo.

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

Okay thanks for the feedback. I think I will always remember the show but I will think some more before I do it.

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

@Call_me_Lola 132186 wrote:

I think a tattoo of an iconic tv or movie character will stand the test of time. A tattoo of a current show, probably not so much.

I think that everyone will always recognize Yukon Cornelius. But 5 or 10 years from now a tattoo of a character from what is popular today will be forgotten. Although I have recently seen some KICKASS Breaking Bad tattoos on instagram, especially the one done by Carlos Rojas. (This DOES NOT mean that you should copy one of those.)

I have too which one is that?

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

It’s on his instagram. He’s done a couple recently, but this is the one I was talking about:

Instagram

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 132237 wrote:

It’s on his instagram. He’s done a couple recently, but this is the one I was talking about:

Excellent work! I like the show, but in my office the people don’t know classic series’s like M*A*S*H, The Honeymooners, etc.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

If you want it do it. I want a portrait of Maurice from little monsters.

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

@Call_me_Lola 132237 wrote:

Instagram

Thats the one I liked alot and was gonna try to get mine like that but different you know so I can say its mine and I didnt just copy someone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.