It’s worth it, and very cool.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I don’t like it.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I may indeed be biased that the tattooed individual has an amazing body. I’d probably applaud a prison tattoo of Strawberry Shortcake. I’m pretty shallow.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

What tatt – oh wait, I see it now. Got a little distracted there for a minute. Nice back. Art isn’t quite my taste but I like the canvas.

We HEART LA
    Participant
    @we-heart-la

Not my style Ink, but I appreciate the work. I love food to much to get in that kind of shape..

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

in my opinion, this was a waste of canvas. So little inspiration.. I’ve seen a lot of these tiger back-pieces lately.

Now we’re talking. (Marius Meyer)
    490a942ad37211e2852e22000ae90903_7.jpg

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@BertNaked 131510 wrote:

in my opinion, this was a waste of canvas. So little inspiration.. I’ve seen a lot of these tiger back-pieces lately.

Now we’re talking. (Marius Meyer)
    490a942ad37211e2852e22000ae90903_7.jpg

Now thats awesome!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Dear Lord, that’s some painful looking ass acne.

And a nice tattoo. And goddamn it, I like tigers on backs, and text on rib cages, like the good Lord intended.

I’m over angry tigers, though. They’re mammals. They have a whole range of expression. Japanese style tigers always look like they misplaced their car keys and they’re already ten minutes late. (Oddly enough, I make the exact same face as the tiger in the picture when that happens when I’m scuttling along the floor looking for dropped keys, and I had a mirror I didn’t hang for a long time, but I just sort of leaned it on the wall, so it’s not like I’m pulling this whole tiger facial expression/lost keys thing out of my ass. Saw it happen in front of my own eyes.) The only portraits I’ve ever really liked have been tigers (still not for me) and they have the whole range of mammalian expression. I also really like Thai style tigers, because that look is just synonymous with “pride.” I love it.

Anyway, was the tattoo worth one day of this upstanding young man’s life? I’m going to say it’s a really good tattoo. Little things bother me. I don’t like how the artist is trying to force the illusion of depth perception, thus creating a snake that’s as wide as a queen size bed. The coloring is so good on the tiger, but the furniture-sized snake is such a big focus, it boggles the mind why it doesn’t have the same creative effort if this is the finished piece. I’m thinking it’s not finished. I rake my own tattoos over the coals. I don’t even like my own criticism.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I don’t like that one either.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

Not worth it imho. It doesn’t look particularly well done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.