peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Went into my local tattoo shop today. I never really go into many tattoo shops, so I thought I would have a look around.

While I was in there for like 30 mins, 2 really young looking females came in after one another asking for 2 or 3 paw prints on their ankles.

Then a 13 year old came in with her mum and she was signing the paper for her daughter to have her cartilage pierced. To me that’s too young.

It made me think about these shops and what they have to actually do everyday just to survive. It must get boring and tedious.

I went into the back to check out some books and there was 2 females being tattooed with tribal on their abdomens, obviously friends and getting the same tattoo….

Anyhow was just a thought i wanted to share

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

sounds like a typical street shop here too! i guess they are pretty much the same everywhere!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I took a girlfriend with me to a tattoo shop.

MISTAKE!

She could not simply say, “I want ____,” while I’m getting hammered for hours, and the little boy tattoo artist who looks like he’s a kid was too nice just to say, “Make up your mind or go on, lady.” I couldn’t be in customer service. Jesus,

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@GrayCatLove 130849 wrote:

I couldn’t be in customer service.

Isn’t that exactly what you do?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 130853 wrote:

Isn’t that exactly what you do?

I would think that a person showing up for G.C.L.’s help with blood gushing out may be a little more receptive to her suggestions.

People in the USA are so fucking demanding anymore. I retire in five years and I had considered producing things for retail customers. Not anymore.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@GrayCatLove 130849 wrote:

I took a girlfriend with me to a tattoo shop.

MISTAKE!

She could not simply say, “I want ____,” while I’m getting hammered for hours, and the little boy tattoo artist who looks like he’s a kid was too nice just to say, “Make up your mind or go on, lady.” I couldn’t be in customer service. Jesus,

Nothing like getting hammered for hours while people watch. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 130862 wrote:

That’s a convention!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@jerryatrophy 130862 wrote:

Some people call that a party..

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

My local shop is Travis Broyles shop ๐Ÿ™‚

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Do you guys always seek out the top artists or do you just use a good local artist?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@gobeavers 130881 wrote:

Do you guys always seek out the top artists or do you just use a good local artist?

There is so much talent out there now that you can get awesome artists for peanuts. I know of quite a few that are very cheap on a day rate, like 400 euros a day.

Yes you may have to travel but totally worth it!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@gobeavers 130881 wrote:

I’m lucky to have a very good artist locally. Is he known world wide? No. Will he be? I don’t know. He is young and inspired.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

@peterpoose 130882 wrote:

There is so much talent out there now that you can get awesome artists for peanuts. I know of quite a few that are very cheap on a day rate, like 400 euros a day.

Yes you may have to travel but totally worth it!

Interesting, as someone who reads a lot on here I was under the impression everyone was all about going to the well-known hard to book artists.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I’ve never been to a well-known artist :p I am also lucky that I have some amazing artists locally who are very very good, and even if they’re not world known, they’ve gotten amazing feedback from some of the best, so I figure I’m in safe hands ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so lucky to work with some of them too, artists in all styles, and who are all excellent at what they do! However, seeing as I work there, I’m last in line to get an appointment… Also have several other great artists in my town. So I’m good ๐Ÿ™‚ One of those who have done some work on me is fairly well known in our country, though. He just goes by “the one and only”, so he’s good! Not world known, but still very good.

But ofc, I would love to get work from some of the very best, and it looks like I will too, eventually! I’ve also been worked on by terrible artists who really shouldn’t be marking people for life. But hey.

I think it’s more that a lot of people on here know about the best, and their works, and wish to see them ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@gobeavers 130884 wrote:

Interesting, as someone who reads a lot on here I was under the impression everyone was all about going to the well-known hard to book artists.

Well I am but I’m a tattoo snob lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.