harlem shake
    @

i have noticed on both of my tattoos that after the healing process the black ink turn a tad bit white.I am not sure why this happens could some one explain to me why black ink in tattoos tends to turn a little white in some spots of the tattoo more of a filmy white look on the black ink.:confused::confused::confused: it would be nice to get an answer

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

How old are your tattoos?

Tattoos change for many months until they are fully healed. Mine looked really great when just done. While healing they looked like shit. I had some done in April that are still healing. This is July.

Relax. If they are not at least six months old, they’re not done yet.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

If it’s still healing it could just be dry cream or cream under the scab of the tattoo.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Maybe you’re ashy.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It is the new skin growing over the huge wound that was just put there.

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

Sounds like new skin layers still working those spots, do you have pics.

harlem shake
    @

my tattoo is a couple of months old

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well, it’s not going to stay a wonderful, pitch solid black no matter what you do. Your skin will alter the color somewhat.
    But yeah, new skin growing in etc can make it look a bit foggy at first. Can always just use some bodylotion on it if you get dry skin.
    Still won’t see the final result just yet, it’s not 100% healed ๐Ÿ™‚

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Man I had the exact same thing happen to me. I posted a thread about finally getting my roses done in the Inked section, the one rose healed poorly and has a whiteness to it. I could see it all throughout the healing process, and thought it would go away. It’s been about 10 months now and it’s obviously there to stay. I’m just hoping to go over it again someday.

Are you allergic to anything? I’m allergic to latex (I’ve already heard any jokes thanks), so I’ve always worried about the tattoo artist’s gloves and if that could cause anything to heal poorly.

harlem shake
    @

not sure why this is going on but like i said it has a little white on the black

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

gobeavers; I don’t know about artists in your area, but where I work they only use non-latex gloves. I know quite a few studios do, just ask them ๐Ÿ™‚

Well if you think its not right, why not post a picture? ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi I am not medically qualified but there are a number of reasons as to the white patches in black pigment;

1. Dead skin – as your tattoo heals new layers of skin form over the wound. These can often take the appearance of web like strands or small patches of dead skin. Don’t pick them. This is the most common reason.

2. Some creams especially those with scent can clog the pores of a new tattoo and form patches of yellow/white sort of gluey and goopey. can result in infection so make sure cleaned gently with water and pat dry. Also change creams if scented.

3. Many tattoo pigments contain traces of heavy metals such as chromium. Chromium is a bitch on the skin and cause patches of white, blistering, and severe cases chemical burns. This however is quite rare and very distinctive. It also hurts like a bastard so I am told.

Likely it is new skin forming so don’t worry.

Take care
    Matthew

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

I took the photo a few weeks ago, the tattoo was done about 10 months ago. The right rose is supposed to be lighter than the left, but you can see it healed funny. Some of the darker areas on it have a whitish glow.

f95x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.