bloodshot007
    Participant
    @bloodshot007

Hello! I’m looking to get a shoulder piece done and it’s pretty detailed. This will be my first tattoo so I’m looking to spend what ever it takes to get it done and done right. How can I go about locating a great artist?

I’m currently located in Ft. Hood, Texas. About an hour from Austin. I know that there’s a lot of artists in Killeen (military town) here, but not sure how much faith I can put in some of these places. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome to the forum. I agree 100% – get it done right!!

I don’t have any artists to suggest to you, but have you checked out PeterPoose’s list of amazingly good artists? He has a link to it in his signature.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

lots of great artists in texas. closest to you would be nate beavers. then theres nick baxter, rember, liz cook

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum! Check out this link to peterpoose’s brag art list.

http://goo.gl/maps/wrjKZ

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

With myself also living in a military town….there’s a lot of crap shops close to bases. I’m next to fort benning and we have about 30 shops in town.
    You can find a lot of average artists and a LOT of bad ones. But if your wanting a great tattoo then listen start with the recommendations by yodaddynukka.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

How could I have left out the mighty jeff esminger? Sorry jeff!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@yodaddynukka 130821 wrote:

How could I have left out the mighty jeff esminger? Sorry jeff!

he wasnt on my list but he is now, thanks!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Adding jeremy miller to the mix!

Adler
    Participant
    @adler

@yodaddynukka 130676 wrote:

lots of great artists in texas. closest to you would be nate beavers. then theres nick baxter, rember, liz cook

Of course they are some of the very best but you know as well as anyone getting an appt with them is nearly impossible. If you can then definitely go for it but I’m also a big fan of Rock of Ages. I want to get tattooed by Steve Byrne.

ROCK OF AGES TATTOO – AUSTIN, TEXAS

bloodshot007
    Participant
    @bloodshot007

Awesome! Appreciate your help! You’re all amazing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.