Ruby Josephine Trn
Participant
@ruby-josephine-trn

Hello there every one ^_^

I have a question regarding the possibility to do a touch-up on my foot tattoo. It is on the surface of my foot and it is a cross with lots of detailed lines in the cross.

I had it done for 4 years but due to excess sun exposure. Many lines of the cross have faded (not completely gone but they are like light grey and with small bits missing).

I would like to have the entire cross lines re-drawn on. I wonder if it is possible? I talked to one artist and he said it is too detailed too many lines. It is not possible to re-draw on the lines. But another 2 artists said it is possible.

*** my question is : is it possible to redefine redraw all the lines on the tattoo? Even though there are detailed small lines.

My foot tattoo is similar to this one in terms of complexity but mine has colours on it.

http://tattoo-pictures.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Celtic-Cross-Tattoo.jpg

thanks guys ^_^

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

I’ve never head my foot tattooed before but I did have an entire Tattoo redone with linework included on my chest. It turned out much better quality the 2nd time around. So in my situation it worked out to redo the line work. I think the best option is to discuss this with the artists who will be doing it. If the artists doesn’t think it will work they should tell you. Hope that helps!

Ruby Josephine Trn
Participant
@ruby-josephine-trn

Hi thank you so much for your reply.

May I ask…when you said you had your entire chest tattoo redone, did you have all the lines redrawn on (same places on top of the old lines)? My biggest concern is that when I go to an artist, I will be rejected for linework redrawing. I just needed some reassurance ^_^ Thanks

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

@Ruby Joséphine Tr?n 144867 wrote:

did you have all the lines redrawn on (same places on top of the old lines)?

The artists did redo all the lines on top of the old lines. Some of the original lines spread so are thicker so the Tattoo is definitely not perfect after it was redone. My artists does tattoos all the time on customers that get turned down by other shops.

I suggest u talk to an artists and if they say no then keep looking. If they say they can’t do it it doesn’t mean it can’t be done. It just means they may not be capable with the skills they have.

Hope that helps ya out some!

Ruby Josephine Trn
Participant
@ruby-josephine-trn

Yes. Your advice helps me makes me feel less hopeless and desperate. Thankssssss ^_^

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Please post a pic of your tattoo.

Aussie Sly Guy
Participant
@aussie-sly-guy

It’s best to post a picture of your tattoo if you want advice on it.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

It would help to see what is already there like the guys said. If you can post a picture of someone else’s tattoo you must be able to post one of yours. You can go over old tattoos, if you see a competent artist you will barely notice its been gone over, my advice would be to keep it out of the sun next time because it shouldn’t have faded as much as you’re implying in only 4 years. take better care of your artwork!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.