Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

So lately I’ve been debating about making my half sleeves into full sleeves. The only reason I stopped at half was simply because I’m worried more so about working. My current job now doesn’t care but I’m not really planning on being there for the rest of my life. What do you guys think? Should I keep them just at half or go full eventually? Like I said my main concern is just work basically.

For those who may not have seen. I have one finished half sleeve on my left arm, and one in progress on my right arm.

Left arm:

100_0907.jpg
    006-1_zps056b0613.jpg
    007-1_zpsed286cba.jpg

Right arm:
    009_zps8ca1ffc6.jpg
    010_zps53925b27.jpg

Zorba
    Participant
    @zorba

I think this is a decision that only you can make – its your body, your job, your life, your priorities.

I like your half sleeves, they’re not ridiculously over-busy like so many are – negative space is important and it shows in your case.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

If you aren’t sure what you want to do work-wise in the future stick with half sleeves.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

That’s a tough call.

What do you think you may get into job wise?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go big or go home

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Sam-I-Am 129754 wrote:

That’s a tough call.

What do you think you may get into job wise?

Honestly who knows. Right now I’m a cashier at Walmart in which they don’t really care about people having tattoos. Needless to say I started there 2 1/2 years ago with just one tattoo and now you guys can kind of see where it’s gone from there. I have a degree in Graphic Design but that really hasn’t gotten me to far so I doubt it’ll be a job doing that. As of right now I’m afraid I’m going to be stuck in retail (I seriously hope not). I’ve considered trying getting jobs in something totally out of the ordinary, at least for me. I’ve considered bartending but even then I’m not sure. Photography hasn’t really gone my way either so I really don’t know. I’m only 23, I’ve got plenty of years ahead in terms of work so like I said, I would love to go all the way to my wrists but with so many places who don’t allow visible tattoos I don’t want to be condemned to long sleeve shirts all of my life. Hell I’ve even considered maybe opening my own shop doing something but I wouldn’t know where to start or anything like that so that’s probably out of the question.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Mistress_Of_Pain 129758 wrote:

I’m only 23, I’ve got plenty of years ahead in terms of work so like I said, I would love to go all the way to my wrists but with so many places who don’t allow visible tattoos I don’t want to be condemned to long sleeve shirts all of my life.

I think that you answered your own question.

But sticking with half sleeves for now isn’t all bad news because it means that you will have some prime space left for new tattoos later in life. When you are more settled career-wise and know that it won’t limit you anymore. (Or when you get old and don’t care anymore. ;))

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I work in the railroad industry. They’re mostly tattoo friendly.

The railroad and other transportation industries have jobs of many different types. I work for Norfolk Southern Ry. and they have a large graphics department. There are people that call train crews, handle payroll accounting, a myriad of different positions. Check the Internet for positions in transportation. You may be surprised what you find.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Sam-I-Am 129762 wrote:

I work in the railroad industry. They’re mostly tattoo friendly.

The railroad and other transportation industries have jobs of many different types. I work for Norfolk Southern Ry. and they have a large graphics department. There are people that call train crews, handle payroll accounting, a myriad of different positions. Check the Internet for positions in transportation. You may be surprised what you find.

I will have to do that. I’m definitely looking hard for a job change right now, can’t stand Walmart anymore. Horrible place to work for

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

They rarely stay half sleeves forever. Your just delaying the inevitable. Walmart blows.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@jerryatrophy 129830 wrote:

They rarely stay half sleeves forever. Your just delaying the inevitable. Walmart blows.

Yes I agree it blows. I would never recommend anyone get a job there, EVER!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I think you should wait, your only young and as Lola said you will have prime real estate later down the line when you know which way your career is heading 🙂

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Well Yea I never planned on full sleeves right now. I’m still working on my right arm and then I’ll eventually either go onto my back or chest here once that’s done but until I know what I want for sure I’m thinking some touch up work on my current tattoos may be in order. Got a spot on my Ankh on my right calf that actually scabbed pretty bad and when the scab came off so did the ink so that needs fixing and he wants to make my roses look better that I already have as well

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

I kept half sleeves a few years seeing where my career was going, once I was sure the big dollars were secure, I went full sleeve, boss hates ink, but loves my performance, at your age there is nothing wrong with waiting, there’s plenty of skin to tattoo and lots of time to do those sleeves…………..but eventually I’d sleeve them!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I’m sure I will sleeve them but yea, I’m going to stick with half sleeves for now. Easier to cover and especially since im applying for bank jobs they probably wouldn’t like full sleeves anyway lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.