Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tecratt 129869 wrote:

Getting a tattoo, What to expect during and after.

Looks pretty good. My exceptions are with when the tattoo is done. I don’t get bandaged. I use the dry wrap method. Also I’ve been told MANY times, at least three weeks before swimming.

(you may want to cover the different aftercare methods. Not all shops / artist’s use the same one)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Could you link the tattooist you are thinking about?

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

@buttwheat 129875 wrote:

Could you link the tattooist you are thinking about?

Wrong thread? The tattooist I am going to be interviewing is at tattoosbystan.com

The shop I use for my tattoos is here: http://m.facebook.com/pages/Eternal-Expressions-Tattoo/146656778684402?id=146656778684402&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch&_rdr

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

@Sam-I-Am 129871 wrote:

Looks pretty good. My exceptions are with when the tattoo is done. I don’t get bandaged. I use the dry wrap method. Also I’ve been told MANY times, at least three weeks before swimming.

(you may want to cover the different aftercare methods. Not all shops / artist’s use the same one)

Thanks, I’ll have to research that, I’ve not heard of the dry wrap method before.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tecratt 129900 wrote:

I’ve not heard of the dry wrap method before.

When my tattoo is done it gets wrapped in plastic wrap (Saran brand, or Cling Wrap) Every 3 or 4 hours I unwrap it, wash it, and re wrap it (new plastic wrap) for two or three days. Then just use a non fragrance moisturizer a few times a day.

Using a non petroleum lubricant will take a day off this schedule.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Tecratt 129900 wrote:

I’ve not heard of the dry wrap method before.

Healing for large sessions:

Bandage your tattoo with saran/plastic wrap allowing no air to get to the tattoo for the first 72 hours. Within those 72 hours remove the wrap every 4 hours and wash thoroughly with non-scented anti-bacterial soap. Re-apply wrap with new saran/plastic wrap. Repeat process for remainder of 72 hours. After 72 hours remove the wrap leaving the tattoo exposed and use an intensive care FRAGRANCE-FREE dry skin lotion such as Lubriderm. Apply lightly as needed and for as long as needed.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Tattooed Gunner: Tattoo Artist Interview: Stan from The Tattoo Shop in Albany, Georgia

Tattoo artist interview up. Some better pictures than the teaser I posted. Check it out!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Tecratt 130616 wrote:

Tattooed Gunner: Tattoo Artist Interview: Stan from The Tattoo Shop in Albany, Georgia

Tattoo artist interview up. Some better pictures than the teaser I posted. Check it out!

I like that idea. I’ve thought about doing something similar but fiance thinks it would be weird. Maybe I can get my tattoo artist to do it 😛

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

It’s a win win for both of you. You get exposure if they put it on their website or Facebook, and they get exposure from your blog.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Yea that is true. I may ask him, I may not we’ll see

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Something a little different: I did a review of a metal/rock concert I went to yesterday. Check it out!

Tattooed Gunner: Concert review: Rockstar Mayhem Festival, Atlanta, GA 2013

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tecratt 130646 wrote:

It’s a win win for both of you. You get exposure if they put it on their website or Facebook, and they get exposure from your blog.

Is it better to gain exposure from others? I’ve always been happy exposing myself.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Quick update:

I have been posting articles, but most of them have been gun related so I haven’t been updating this thread. If anybody else on here is into guns, feel free to check it out!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tecratt 132682 wrote:

Quick update:

I have been posting articles, but most of them have been gun related so I haven’t been updating this thread. If anybody else on here is into guns, feel free to check it out!

I got rid of my firearms after accidentally shooting (not seriously) my son.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.