Participant
    @wardy

seems like their own fault, why let him leave the shop without paying. haha

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Wardy 129177 wrote:

seems like their own fault, why let him leave the shop without paying. haha

Please tell me how you would stop him? Every time I have been tattooed when it comes to paying it is a pretty casual thing.
    He probably gets up after and goes outside for a smoke afterwards and disappears.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

The former Gallery Tattoos in Camp Hill, PA did a back piece on an 18 year old girl. The bill was round $700.00. When it was done, she started to cry, and said she didn’t have any money. They eventually got paid by taking her to court.

Note: I had my first tattoo done there for $200.00. I was 56 years old and they charged me a $50.00 deposit. Why didn’t they charge her a deposit for her $700.00 piece? (obviously she was cuter, but that’s real bad business)

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Sam-I-Am 129180 wrote:

Why didn’t they charge her a deposit for her $700.00 piece?

You think they didn’t charge her the same $50 as they did you? $50 for a $700 tattoo isn’t much 🙂

Maybe I should try this. Fly over seas, find a good artist, get my ink on, take a smoke break, and fly back home. Bastard level = Above 9000.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 129184 wrote:

You think they didn’t charge her the same $50 as they did you? $50 for a $700 tattoo isn’t much 🙂

The idiots didn’t charge her anything for a deposit.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Every shop I’ve ever been to has made a copy of my driver’s license. I don’t see how tracking him down could be that hard.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 129203 wrote:

Every shop I’ve ever been to has made a copy of my driver’s license. I don’t see how tracking him down could be that hard.

Looks like he has been doing this for a while, because he has burned more than one shop. So he must either carry misleading ID or have figured out some sad story to tell them about why he doesn’t have ID with his address. Maybe he uses an old license that has an obsolete address??

However he is doing it, he better be careful. One of the local artists here had to threaten to use a butterfly knife to remove the tattoo she had just done when her client was refusing to pay. He soon realized that she was serious and paid what he owed.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

My artist locks the door when we’re downstairs working. He might have done that to prevent people getting in….. or getting out.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

My first 2 tattoo artists never asked for any id, or got to me sign any forms or anything. It would be easy to skimp out on paying. I don’t see how anyone could be so stupid though, he’s stealing from top artists whose work is easily recognisable. Pretty sure it’ll catch up to him one day.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@buttwheat 129178 wrote:

Please tell me how you would stop him? Every time I have been tattooed when it comes to paying it is a pretty casual thing.
    He probably gets up after and goes outside for a smoke afterwards and disappears.

yup agreed. more so at conventions.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I’d never cross the tattoo artists that I know personally. I asked my buddy about it one time. He told me it happens more than you’d think.
    And he told me he wouldn’t chase you. He’d find you. Checks ids and turns away fakes.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@jerryatrophy 129220 wrote:

I’d never cross the tattoo artists that I know personally. I asked my buddy about it one time. He told me it happens more than you’d think.
    And he told me he wouldn’t chase you. He’d find you. Checks ids and turns away fakes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.