Michael28
    Participant
    @michael28

Hi

does anyone know symbols for an end of a long journey?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

A tombstone?

Michael28
    Participant
    @michael28

@Sam-I-Am 128646 wrote:

A tombstone?

to Depressive 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

What kind of long journey are speaking of? That matters what would repentant the end. If you’re talking about life then Sam is right.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

The end of a road? A landscape?

I think with tattoos it doesn’t need to be a symbol that smacks you over the head with the meaning. It’s about individual symbolism. I realized the way my lower abdominal tattoo is done, it’s laid out like a full set of female reproductive organs (uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries) with a “bird in the nest.” Oddly, it’s covering my ovarian cancer scar. It wasn’t intended to be that way, but either intentionally or unintentionally the artist created it that way. I’m sure my brain initially picked out some not so subtle choices for female fertility/sexuality with Indian flowers and birds, but nonetheless, it’s less in your face than a cancer ribbon.

I’m of the opinion that good books, good art, and good tattoos shouldn’t give up all their secrets at once. You should have to look, enjoy, think, and consider over time. Don’t worry about picking the perfect symbol for the end of a long journey. Ask yourself what it means to you. What inspires you? Ie, would you want a tattoo based on something like, “The Road Not Taken,” and what images does that conjure up?

Michael28
    Participant
    @michael28

the journey i refer to is my academic studies period ( 7 years – i am getting my phd soon )

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Michael28 128662 wrote:

the journey i refer to is my academic studies period ( 7 years – i am getting my phd soon )

Capitalization, punctuation, and grammar are some of my pet peeves. I have a high school diploma, and a vocational technical school diploma. I never would have guessed that you were going for a phd. (Of course I’m becoming more cynical in my old age)

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

The Wizard of Oz?

Nate77
    Participant
    @nate77

Maybe something from Stephen King’s Dark Tower series? Roland reaches the Dark Tower at the end of his journey.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

What would represent the end of a long journey better than an orgasm?

Black and grey, or color?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Nate77 128721 wrote:

Maybe something from Stephen King’s Dark Tower series? Roland reaches the Dark Tower at the end of his journey.

You know, that work is based off another work, “The Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came,” which is based off “King Lear.”

Also good works if you want a literary tattoo.

Nate77
    Participant
    @nate77

I did, the entire poem is in the end of the last book of the series.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I agree with GrayCatLove, sometimes you don’t even realize yourself the true symbolism of a tattoo. One of mine is such as well – It was just right, and the symbolism is very strong to me, but very hard for anyone else to understand just by looking at it.
    A phd is a great accomplishment, you could find a tattoo that relates to your field as well. I saw a guy that celebrated his masters in physics, with a tattoo combining the great scientists, with his love for Star Wars 😉 Amazing tattoo.

Or you just have a pot of gold and a rainbow.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Nate77 128878 wrote:

I did, the entire poem is in the end of the last book of the series.

I’m so glad King’s throwing in no-names like Browning and Shakespeare so they’ve got a shot at the literary world.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.