jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

With Russ Abbott! hes been at the top of my list for a while now. I remember a thread (on this forum) about someone talking about getting work from him and me wishing them luck , cause I’ve heard he isn’t easy to get booked with. I thought to myself why not put the rumor to the test. Apparently it isn’t that hard. LOL.
    October 17th booked in for a full day, even though he’s only going to be doing my left ditch above the Barrett work.
    Also giving him creative control. All I know is it’s going to be ornamental.

Just goes to show you that no matter how big the name , it never hurts to reach out and ask.
    I am beyond excited.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

NoOneCares-CareOMeter_zpsb2cd1826.jpg

No man congrats

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I’m excited and have no actual friends that get it. I decided to go ahead and reach out for an appointment this year because we just found out that my wife is pregnant and this will probably be my last for a few years at least.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Cool jerry!

I’m happy for you.

Congratulations by the way, your boys can swim!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Great artist to nab mate! Congratulations and looking forward to the pics 🙂

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see it later on!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Should i be concerned with russ taking more than 4 hours on my ditch? He has a 4 hour minimum and i cant really afford much more than that. I mean its just my ditch….how long could it possibly take?

IMAG0175_zps45412601.jpg

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Don’t really know how fast he is, but looking at his portfolio, it looks like he finishes most of his work in one sitting.
    That being said, I think 4 hours should do.

Also, congratulations! I’ve been loving his work for many years now.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Maybe just e-mail him or contact him in some way and say that this is your budget for now, and if there is work left to do it another time? 🙂
    Most artists I know are fine with that, and at least prefer it to a nervous client worrying about cost!
    He seems fast so you should be fine, but just in case in doesn’t hurt to let him know 🙂

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I tried yesterday no response yet. I figure ill just take enough for an extra hour and keep my fingers crossed that im leaving with money left in pocket.
    And i got five days after the appt for focusing on a smooth heal. It is my ditch afterall. Gata keep that arm straight.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

congrats man. russ is the tits.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I called and asked about saniderm and the guy said russ doesnt use it but ifbi bring it in he will.
    Ive never used it but ive heard great things. Since its on my ditch im really worried about infection and ink spread.
    My.other arms outline got really thick right where it bends.
    Should i go ahead and buy some and use it or just heal it the same way ive been doing for years?
    Granted this will be my most expensive tattoo (per hour) to date. I just want a really clean heal.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

At my appointment last week the artist was telling me about his experiences using saniderm. He had a couple of clients bring it in and they had really good heals. So he tried using it on a client that comes in regularly, who always heals well, and it didn’t go well at all. Tried it again on the same guy and he healed rough again. Needed touch ups both times. So if a client brings it, especially if they have used it previously with good results, he will put it on. But based on his little experiment he thinks that it might not work well for everyone.

By the way, he was the highest per hour that I have paid but in the end the tattoo came in under budget and cost less than others that I have of the same size and style because he was super fast. And OMG the detail. I didn’t know a tattoo could even have this much detail! (Got a friend to take a picture of it, but it is such a shitty picture that I can’t post it. I’ll try again after it peels.)

Good luck with Russ. Can’t wait to see it. And if you use saniderm then let us know how well it works.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I bought some and was going to use it for Florians Piece and Silvanos.

They both said not to. They said it is great stuff for flatter areas or round leg parts where it wont move a lot but as my areas move alot they advised against using it as it will move and have gaps etc

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I meant to use it once, totally forgot to bring it to the appointment and tried to put it on myself later….
    Yeah that did not work out 😛 But I’ve heard both great things and bad things! But considering my Torres piece needs a touch up and I did what he said, I’m a big fan of “whatever you know works” now :p Like if you heal rough already, try it out, but if you heal perfectly, I wouldn’t bother myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.