Chrisrozinek
    Participant
    @chrisrozinek

Hello guys. Its been 5 weeks since i got tattooed and i wonder if i can go svimming? The water has clorine in it.

Im sorry if it is a thread on this, i am new here :p

Thanks!

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

5 weeks should be fine, is there still any scabbing on your tattoo?

Chrisrozinek
    Participant
    @chrisrozinek

No its long gone 🙂

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

you should be fine, 5 weeks is plenty.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

Don’t do it!

j/k. It’s fine. Five weeks is more than enough time.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

If it were me I would wait until the tattoo is completely healed and the “new skin” has formed about 2 months

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’ve heard that three weeks is okay. The chlorine is what I am concerned about. Too many people over use it. I was in a hotel pool years ago that bleached my trunks.
    Chlorine does take out ink stains.

Try to find a pool that uses salt rather than chlorine.

To be safe, follow butt’s two month suggestion.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I personally will not go in a pool until I am absolutely comfortable in knowing my tattoo is healed enough not to get messed up by the Chlorine. I’ll agree with Buttwheat and say two months but you should be fine with it being 5 weeks. Technically they do say 2 weeks but even then I’d be iffy

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Mistress_Of_Pain 127370 wrote:

I personally will not go in a pool until I am absolutely comfortable in knowing my tattoo is healed enough not to get messed up by the Chlorine. I’ll agree with Buttwheat and say two months but you should be fine with it being 5 weeks. Technically they do say 2 weeks but even then I’d be iffy

I agree with what these guys are saying. You are probably just fine at 5 weeks, but like both Butt and the Mistress, I personally would wait a few months. I like to be extra careful – I paid a lot of money for these and for some of them touch-ups aren’t an option without travel.

It would also probably depend how long you are in the water. Soaking all day? Wait longer. Swimming a bit and getting out again to lounge before you return to the water? You are probably good.

Just remember your sunscreen. And your sunscreen. Did I mention sunscreen?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

We know tattoos are open wounds for three to four weeks. After that point, it becomes a closed wound, but that following month, it is STILL a considerable subdermal wound with easy potential for infection/discoloration. From a nursing standpoint, I’d consider staying out of the water of any kind, and any kind of submersion, for two months, unless I sealed off the would with plastic wrap, clean gauze beneath it, and silk tape. Seeing as that’s a huge pain in the butt, I’d stay out of the water altogether.

MoreT
    @

@GrayCatLove 127406 wrote:

We know tattoos are open wounds for three to four weeks. After that point, it becomes a closed wound, but that following month, it is STILL a considerable subdermal wound with easy potential for infection/discoloration. From a nursing standpoint, I’d consider staying out of the water of any kind, and any kind of submersion, for two months, unless I sealed off the would with plastic wrap, clean gauze beneath it, and silk tape. Seeing as that’s a huge pain in the butt, I’d stay out of the water altogether.

I waited three months after. It was winter, so there was no problem.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.