Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Does anybody else on here dry heal there tattoo’s? I’ve dry my past 4 tattoo’s (putting nothing on them at all) and it’s worked perfectly fine for me and they are just as bright and well healed as my others.

If you haven’t tried dry healing i reccomend it do we have anybody else who dry heals and what are your experiences with it.

personaly i think it’s better to dry heal because the oitment you put on your tattoo’s will make the scab softer which will be easier to accidently knock off put if you dry heal it the scab will be hard and aslong as your careful it will be harder for the scab to get knocked off.

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

I wouldn’t try it. Putting ointment on it speeds up the healing process

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@thecpthree 126537 wrote:

I wouldn’t try it. Putting ointment on it speeds up the healing process

not for everybody it doesn’t, the past few tattoo’s ive had i’ve dry healed and they have healed a lot faster than when i put ointment on.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I was told by an artist recently to dry heal until it started to peel, then lotion 3x a day. So that was no ointment or lotion for the first 4 days. I didn’t enjoy that HOLY CRAP IT’S DRY feeling, but it really did peel faster and healed up beautifully. It was a two sitting tattoo, so I did it that way both times.

But I tend to do what each artist says that they prefer for aftercare for their work.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’m sold on the Dry Wrap method. (Wrap in plastic wrap) I would want something to keep out dirt and thus infection. Isn’t a tattoo an open wound?

Since the artist started using a NON PETROLEUM lubricant there is a much improved healing. With A & D ointment, it AND ink would ooze out of my tattoos for a day or so. Without A & D there is no ink or lubricant coming out at all. The first thing that happens is when you get to the “shedding” stage. (It still itches though)

You could get by without the wrap, but I don’t want the exposure to dirt.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

A lot of how you treat a tattoo depends on your skin type, your lifestyle, etc.

And yes, Sam, a healing tattoo, medically speaking, is an open subdermal wound.

Putting comodogenic (pore-plugging) ointments or anything with dyes or perfumes in a healing wound is unwise. However, putting on a little Tattoo Goo or another non-comodogenic healing agent is probably what I’d tell most people to do. However, as long as you’re keeping it clean, covered, and not excessively wet, you can’t really go wrong.

Mind you, I’m talking from the perspective of a nurse/someone dealing with a wound. I could be wrong on the tattoo end of it.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

i am a BIG proponent of dry wrap. heals faster and better than the “standard” aquaphor method.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Never tried the dry rap method but even when i started to heal i never put anything on it and it’s healed really nice.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 126558 wrote:

Never tried the dry rap method but even when i started to heal i never put anything on it and it’s healed really nice.

I do many things outside with steel, and other metals that are sometimes rust covered. I also have a greenhouse that requires daily work. I don’t want to take the chance of contaminating my fresh tattoo.

If it works for you, excellent! Doing nothing is certainly the easiest option.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I’m a huge fan of the dry heal rewrap method works perfect for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.