Spookyghost
    Participant
    @spookyghost

Um I hope this is an okay place to put this. I’ve always wanted to get a tattoo and now I finally have some capital to get one. I really want it to be something special in regards to personal meaning and creativity, so I drew something up myself.

http://i.imgur.com/6AaFjGc.jpg

(If anyone was wondering it’s a blend of a piece of Banksy’s Graffiti mixed with a vectorized picture from the beach that I grew up. Kind of like a home is where the heart is mix-up. Kinda cliche I know)

( http://gdb.rferl.org/0CD0FFF1-EECA-49A5-81D3-B13DBD380CAD_mw1024_n_s.jpg – the original inspiration)

I want to get it on my chest so I did a little Photoshopping to see how it would potentially end up.

http://i.imgur.com/fnjakRQ.jpg

Now I know for the most part that I might not be able to achieve such vivid colors and that fading would occur even if I did. I’m just wondering if anyone thinks it has decent potential even with the inevitable wear and tear?

Is it too cartoony? Should I maybe try for a more realistic look or would the details be too fine and end up looking like blurred blobs?

Thanks for you’re time, any thoughts are appreciated.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I like the idea a lot, and I’m thinking it may have to be a little bigger, and the right artist can really do this justice.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

If I were to do that I would go with fish, as in an aquarium.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Spookyghost 125566 wrote:

Is it too cartoony? Should I maybe try for a more realistic look or would the details be too fine and end up looking like blurred blobs?

Yes and yes but go for it anyways and get it touched up in ten years

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It could also be kind of a reverse “inside the body” thing… Where it’s outlined by epithelial tissue to reveal another world.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

@Spookyghost 125566 wrote:

Maybe a little too cartoony. I’m not sure someone would be able to tell exactly what it is once the image is transferred to ink. Maybe adding in some more detail to the water and the break wall would be better. Just my opinion 🙂

Where did you grow up? It looks a lot like the break walls that are on Lake Huron in Michigan where I grew up.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Welcome to the forum.

Spookyghost
    Participant
    @spookyghost

Thank you everyone for the critics and thoughts. I think I’ll go back to the original picture and bring out some more detail. I’m actually from Myrtle Beach, It’s less of a break wall and more of poorly rendered sand haha.

Also thanks for the welcome. :3

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Spookyghost 125639 wrote:

Thank you everyone for the critics and thoughts. I think I’ll go back to the original picture and bring out some more detail. I’m actually from Myrtle Beach, It’s less of a break wall and more of poorly rendered sand haha.

Also thanks for the welcome. :3

Welcome to forum mate.

Something similar has been done, so you can get a jist of what it might look like 🙂

502zco.jpg

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

@Spookyghost 125639 wrote:

It’s less of a break wall and more of poorly rendered sand haha

The dark gray thing in the entire right side of the image is not a wall or dock?

Spookyghost
    Participant
    @spookyghost

@Thaela 125651 wrote:

The dark gray thing in the entire right side of the image is not a wall or dock?

Ah yes it’s a pier, sorry for the misunderstanding. It’s Springmaid Pier to be exact.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

@Spookyghost 125656 wrote:

Ah yes it’s a pier, sorry for the misunderstanding. It’s Springmaid Pier to be exact.

ah ok, good – I thought I was losing my mind for a minute there lol

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

You should take a look at the posting that g3n0m just put up with the link to some 3D tattoos. There are a couple of examples there that are a little like the effect that I think you might be going for, with the picture kinda looking like it is below the skin, if that makes sense. Not with the ‘skin rips’ but the openings. Have a look.

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Just want to welcome you to the forum! :):)

Spookyghost
    Participant
    @spookyghost

It seems he was banned in the span of time it took for me to see this post :[ do you happen to have the link he put up?

Oh and thank you msmecury!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.