Le-Lupa
Participant
@le-lupa

So, I’ve been wanting a wolf tattoo for nearly a year now.
I’ve picked out what it will look like ( Shown in this link – Wolf | Flickr – Photo Sharing! )
But I can’t find a suitable place for it.
I was thinking the back of my neck, but my best friend (who did my First tattoo and will more than likely do this one) Thinks it would look odd there.
I was thinking my ankle, but I already have a tree on my right ankle and thought it would be weird to have my first tattoos on both my ankles.
Another thing is I REALLY do not want to have to switch the image into a mirror version of it.
I want it to look just like in the photograph.
I Can’t really put it on my upper back because I have really bad acne, and do not want it to affect my tattoo.
I was also considering my lower back on the left side. But I fear of people calling it a tramp stamp.
So now i’m thinking of putting it on my hip.
But I know I will have kids one day and I’m afraid that I will get fat or just my belly stretching will distort the image.
PLEASE HELP!!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I would like to see a photo of your first tattoo.

My first thought is to get the acne problem solved first then put it on your upper back.
How old are you? Is your friend a professional tattoo artist?
Keep us posted.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

@Le-Lupa 124720 wrote:

So, I’ve been wanting a wolf tattoo for nearly a year now.
I’ve picked out what it will look like ( Shown in this link – Wolf | Flickr – Photo Sharing! )
But I can’t find a suitable place for it.
I was thinking the back of my neck, but my best friend (who did my First tattoo and will more than likely do this one) Thinks it would look odd there.
I was thinking my ankle, but I already have a tree on my right ankle and thought it would be weird to have my first tattoos on both my ankles.
Another thing is I REALLY do not want to have to switch the image into a mirror version of it.
I want it to look just like in the photograph.
I Can’t really put it on my upper back because I have really bad acne, and do not want it to affect my tattoo.
I was also considering my lower back on the left side. But I fear of people calling it a tramp stamp.
So now i’m thinking of putting it on my hip.
But I know I will have kids one day and I’m afraid that I will get fat or just my belly stretching will distort the image.
PLEASE HELP!!

Firstly, can you link your friends work please? The most important thing is too get a great artist.

On the ankle I think that is too small an area to do the photo justice but that’s just my opinion.

Hip sounds good but unless your walking around in a Gstring you wont really be able to appreciate it?

I think if you want it in detail with the body you will need a larger space.

Le-Lupa
Participant
@le-lupa

Here’s My friend’s (Autumn Siska) work –
The Place she works at – https://www.facebook.com/Newbreedtattoos
Here Work – https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.307152736032885.70403.157493250998835&type=3

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would put it in a very inconspicuous place because your friend will not be able to do it any justice.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Does your friend do photo realism tattoos? I didn’t see any examples of that type of work in that link. It’s very important to find someone who can do it justice, especially since you want it to look exactly like the photo.

The back of your neck or ankle is too small and area to pull off a good version of this. I think your back is a good option since there will be more room for detail. The only downside of doing it on your back is that you can’t see it without a mirror so it’s harder for you to enjoy. I have a lower back tattoo and I don’t give a shit if people call it a tramp stamp – I love it and I chose that placement because I thought it would be the best place on my body for that particular design.

I have 2 tattoos on my right hip and I am 7.5 months pregnant currently and they have not stretched at all, and neither has the one on my back (even though I’ve gained like 30 lbs so far!). I worried about that too, but so far so good. I say find a good photo realism artist and get it on your back – maybe lower back off to one side 🙂

Amok
Participant
@amok

Your friend is a horrible tattooist, sorry. Don’t let him/her butcher your skin.

argedion
Participant
@argedion

Neither one of them look capable of doing what you want done. You will be sorely disapointed in the workmanship for such a detail tattoo. Nothing I seen on those pages show they are ready for that kind of detail and shading. Keep looking for an artist.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Check out art machine in philly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.