thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

I have a portrait style tiger on my left pec.
    mKXeZxh.jpg

I want to turn this into something that goes maybe over my shoulder a little bit and then down my arm into a quarter sleeve. I need some ideas of what to incorporate into my sleeve.

Asked my artist if he could make a freestyle drawing and I don’t think he was interested. I do want it to be themed. Color would be cool, but seeing as how my tiger is grey scale I think it might look off if I threw color in there.

Any suggestions? I appreciate it.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!
    I don’t care too much for the tiger.
    I would seriously look for another artist. If the tattooer that did your tiger is not interested in the project I would not press him. Go while the getting is good.

Keep us posted.

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

@Sam-I-Am 126382 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!
    I don’t care too much for the tiger.
    I would seriously look for another artist. If the tattooer that did your tiger is not interested in the project I would not press him. Go while the getting is good.

Keep us posted.

Do you not think that the work is good (because you said you didn’t care for it) or just that I should try to find an artist who’s up for freestyling sketches? This guy would be up for putting the sleeve on me, I just think he wants me to have a design already put together

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I don’t think the work is good. I’ve seen some very good lions. While I don’t care for black and grey, I do recognize good workmanship.
    Please don’t take only my word for this as there will be more members chime in with their opinions.

An artist that freestyles well is an artist and will give you a “tailored” tattoo that you’ll be proud of for years to come. A person working only off drawings or “flash” is a tattooer and will give you a tattoo “off the rack”.
    Get a nice tattoo that is unique to you and your body.

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

Damn alright. Well I’m happy with it, that’s all that really matters. Thanks for the input.

I’d appreciate your input on my second color tat in this thread that was done by the same artist http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-first-two-tats-tiger-arrowhead-t22743.html#post126383

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

@Sam-I-Am 126385 wrote:

I don’t think the work is good. I’ve seen some very good lions. While I don’t care for black and grey, I do recognize good workmanship.
    Please don’t take only my word for this as there will be more members chime in with their opinions.

An artist that freestyles well is an artist and will give you a “tailored” tattoo that you’ll be proud of for years to come. A person working only off drawings or “flash” is a tattooer and will give you a tattoo “off the rack”.
    Get a nice tattoo that is unique to you and your body.

Damn alright. At least I’m happy with it, that’s all that matters. I appreciate your input though

Would you mind giving me your input on my other tat? It’s a color one by the same artist. It’s in the Inked Skin forum

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

I have to agree with Sam….You need to research and find a better artist. What area of the world are you from? Someone on here can suggest a top notch artist for you….

greytiger_new.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@thecpthree 126388 wrote:

Would you mind giving me your input on my other tat? It’s a color one by the same artist. It’s in the Inked Skin forum

You’re correct. If you are happy that is what matters.
    The arrowhead tattoo looks to be well done in the “traditional” tattoo style.

Most people in this forum are connoisseurs. (I’m still a can-a-sewer)

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

@ezrider 126390 wrote:

I have to agree with Sam….You need to research and find a better artist. What area of the world are you from? Someone on here can suggest a top notch artist for you….

Wichita, Kansas

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@ezrider 126390 wrote:

Someone on here can suggest a top notch artist for you….

EZ, that tiger is what we’re talking about! Awsome!

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

@Sam-I-Am 126403 wrote:

EZ, that tiger is what we’re talking about! Awsome!

I can’t deny it’s a good tat but personally I don’t like that one.. :/

I need some more people to comment on my tiger.. I’ve posted this other places and everybody thinks it’s really good. Haven’t gotten any responses less than “Wow that’s amazing” in real life.. Maybe you guys are experts in tattoos and can see everything that’s wrong with it instantly.

I know it’s not the best.. Hopefully turning it into a sleeve will give the overall tattoo a better look. You think I should change artists? The thing is, I don’t think there are any well known artists in my city so it’s a gamble

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@thecpthree 126407 wrote:

I know it’s not the best.. Hopefully turning it into a sleeve will give the overall tattoo a better look. You think I should change artists? The thing is, I don’t think there are any well known artists in my city so it’s a gamble

Most people here want the best. I was willing to settle for crap tattoos until I got mixed up with these assholes. Now I no longer am willing to settle for a shit tattoo.
    Tattoos that I were real proud of are going through makeovers or are going to be covered up. One thing is sure. Your friends and family will usually say something good about your tattoos. They don’t want to offend you. We, on the other hand, don’t give a fuck about your feelings. We don’t want you to have shit tattoos for the rest of your life.
    Distance? People here have traveled THOUSANDS of miles for a great tattoo. Save your money if you have to and take a “tattoo vacation” and get a quality piece. We have paid upwards of $250.00 per hour for a great tattoo.
    If you think that your tattoo is better than the one that ezrider posted, then continue with the tattooer that did it. Just don’t get your feelings hurt when somebody tells you it is a shit tattoo. Remember a tattoo is for the rest of your life.
    You may think I’m an asshole now, but just give me time, I’ll prove it.

thecpthree
    Participant
    @thecpthree

I don’t think you’re an asshole at all. Is this tat really ‘crap’ though?.. It is by the same artist which gave me the arrowhead that you said was good. Maybe you were just trying to be nice though by saying that

Unfortunately I do not have the money to travel nor can I save up for it at the moment. It would be a long time before I had enough money to make a trip thousands of miles away for a tattoo.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I do like your arrowhead tattoo. The thing is that some tattoo artists are good in some styles and not others. How long has this guy been tattooing? Perhaps (obviously) he has not mastered black and grey yet.
    Have you seen other guys and girls in your area with tattoos that make YOU think. Wow! That’s a nice tattoo? If you do, ask them where they got them. If somebody has the balls to get a tattoo, you can bet your ass they’ll talk about them. Tattoos are conversation pieces.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@thecpthree 126381 wrote:

I do want it to be themed. Color would be cool, but seeing as how my tiger is grey scale I think it might look off if I threw color in there.

Any suggestions? I appreciate it.

I really like color. You may be able to give your tattoo a makeover, add colors, and continue it into a sleeve. Check around for a new artist. There maybe one closer than you think. Check portfolios of every artist you can find.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.