Southflorida
    Participant
    @southflorida

I’m interested in getting a large scar on my stomach tattooed. The scar is about a half inch thick and is about 6 inches in length ranging from under my belly button, wrapping around my belly button, and extending up my chest. This scar is result of a serious trauma incident I endured about 3 years ago, which caused my stomach to be opened up and my spleen to be removed. The tattoo I want to get to cover up the scar is a large knife, almost similar to what Brock Lesnar has, but less sword looking. I was wondering if anybody here had any information on who on the east coast is known for their work with scar tissue. Below are pictures of my stomach and the Brock Lesnar tattoo.

Any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Southflorida
    Participant
    @southflorida

photo2dc.jpg

brocko.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Check around. I googled tattooing scar tissue and found out it is a common practice. Just make sure you go to an artist with scar tissue experience. Try checking with a dermatologist.

(With a scar like yours I would probably put some kind of tree or even a tall building that would ever so slightly resemble a penis)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

That tattoo is awful. Get a tattoo highlighting your scar (chicks dig scars) Like a knife jabbed into your scar much cooler.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 122659 wrote:

That tattoo is awful. Get a tattoo highlighting your scar (chicks dig scars) Like a knife jabbed into your scar much cooler.

How about a big zipper?

Southflorida
    Participant
    @southflorida

The scar is result of a stab wound so it’s pretty important to me that a knife is incorporated in the tattoo. I like the idea of the knife leading onto the scar, but I really don’t see how that resembles the shape of a penis. Anybody have any suggestions on artists in the Florida area?

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Whatever you do, make sure your tattoo looks NOTHING like the one you’re showing us. That’s absolutely dreadful.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

…almost similar to what Brock Lesnar has, but less penis-looking

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Southflorida 122690 wrote:

Anybody have any suggestions on artists in the Florida area?

Frank La Natra The Art of La Natra

shawncooper78
    Participant
    @shawncooper78

You need to go to a specific tattoo artist to get a coverup, just choose a good tattoo artist and discuss your idea with him. He will surely do a perfect coverup. Your choice is really good.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Scars are badass. I would leave the scar alone and get a tattoo elsewhere

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.