STP
    Participant
    @stp

My story…

A few months back, I got my first tattoo. It was three words written in a cursive font on my right pectoral. Anyways, I ended up getting another design on my left pectoral a few months later. Without thinking, I went back and got two tattoos on my arm (one on my inner right arm and one on my outer right arm). Now these two pieces are relatively large and cover up nearly my entire arm. Also, in the spur of the moment, I got a large tattoo on my left arm. It’s a tattoo that covers nearly my entire left arm (shoulder to nearly elbow). I also went ahead and attempted a cover up for my chest and got a chest piece.

Now the problem…

I’m new to seeing tattoos as most people my age don’t have spectacular work done. It’s pretty basic. Now there are a few problems I encountered. One being, my chest piece cover up failed. The previously tattoos are incredibly noticeable and I don’t know what to do. There’s also a lot of dark lines/shading so I’m not sure how to handle it. I was supposed to have two roses to cover up each pectoral (along with a background and centerpiece between the roses) but it was a huge mess and the colors were done badly. My artist said to come back for another session but I’m reluctant. I rather go to a more professional place that I know can accomplish this complete cover up, if it’s even possible?

Another problem, the two large tattoos on my right arm… well the art is complete crap… after seeing some work done on here. After talking to a girl I met, she explained that it’s worthwhile to have it covered up and have proper work done because after all… it is on your body forever. Do y’all think a tattoo artist would be able to cover up two tattoos on one arm? The current tattoos are roses (outer arm) and a jaguar (inner arm).

Also, I would want my day of the dead girl to be covered up. The linework is pitiful. The colors are all off. He didn’t accomplish what I wanted with this piece.

Ultimately, I’d like a japanese theme done on each arm as a cover up. Possibly a half sleeve on each arm. Would this be possible? Roughly how much would it cost? As for my chest, do you think a professional artist would be willing to work over and properly cover up the previous two tattoos? I’m in desperate need of your advice. I would love to have this taken care of by the beginning of summer… if possible. As for money, I’m currently a student/working part time but I’m willing to devote my entire checks towards the completion of proper tattoos.

Edit: I live near the Houston/Galveston area and have been told to check out Article 59 and Studio 8.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Need to see pics first. How old are u?

STP
    Participant
    @stp

I’m only 18, soon to be 19. I have a few pics on my phone, not too clear though. I’ll update with pictures once I’m off work.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.
    Pictures would be nice.
    Having all that work done in “a few months” and even cover ups, wow. Tattoos are there for life.
    Slow down and determine what you really want to have done and find a reliable artist to do it. Check the artist prior work. Some specialize in cover ups.
    It’s not going to be cheap.

Keep us posted.

STP
    Participant
    @stp

I’ll be posting pictures in about 3 hours. And I know, I guess I got carried away but at least I learned from the mistakes I made. I’m hoping to get it done properly. I’ve been taking a look into the portfolio of Mark Anthony. He specializes in Asian artwork which I’ve been intruguied by. Houston Tattoo Artists | Mark Anthony’s Portfolio | Studio 8 – Houston, TX

Can anyone throw out a rough estimate of how much it would cost for this to be completed?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

thats what happens when u get large scale work at such a young age.

Funk
    Participant
    @funk

Luckily I only got 1 tattoo before I started going to top notch artists. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make. You may spend more money, you will have longer waits, and you might have to travel. It will be completely worth it!

STP
    Participant
    @stp

link to my gallery: STP’s Album: The beginning…

this is what i’m currently dealing with..

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

wow that is some bad work. I feel for you but you really should have stopped after the first one.
    I’m glad you have come around to wanting good tattoos. Sorry I don’t know anyone in your area that does excellent coverups.
    Please post a link here to any artist that you are thinking of we can help you.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

See this is what im talking about. Your 18 and dont know a good tattoo when you see it. I hate seeing people trying to iron out sleeves and full chest work before theyre 20. Theres no race. That work is bad. The tiger one is terrible.
    Slow down.

Even if you go to the greatest coverup artist in the world all they can do is refine what you have. Its hard to fix a dark full chest piece thats a lready a coverup. The sooner you understand that tattoos are more about quality than quantity the better off youll be.
    I mean no offense. Just a straight shooter here. This forum will open your eyes just as it has opened mine.

Funk
    Participant
    @funk

@jerryatrophy 122063 wrote:

The tiger one is terrible.

I think it’s supposed to be a Jaguar. Ouch.

tool
    Participant
    @tool

Not sure you can cover that up with good work ,lazer might be you the best route

STP
    Participant
    @stp

I know I messed up by rushing into things. I’m thinking of speaking to Mark Anthony from Studio 8 on a japanese style cover up for my arms. As for the chest, I just wanted a tattoo artist to go over what’s done, maybe add more vibrant colors and so forth.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Funk 122072 wrote:

I think it’s supposed to be a Jaguar. Ouch.

Ouch is an understatment! At least you didn’t get any TRIBAL!

STP
    Participant
    @stp

Decided with what I’m going to go with.

Cover up for my right arm. Add colors/touching up to my left arm. Then turn my left arm into a half sleeve, along with my right arm. Keep my chest the same, just adding vibrant colors to the roses and sugar skull. Ultimately, I’m going to keep the day of the dead theme around my body. It holds a lot of meaning to me and my life.

Anyone know of a great artist who specializes in day of the dead art around Houston?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.