imthedan
    Participant
    @imthedan

Hey guys,

I’ve been thinking about it for awhile and I think I want to get my first tattoo. The thing is I don’t want to get a ‘single piece’ or whatever it’s officially called. That’s to say that I do not want to get a tattoo on my shoulder and be done. I actually want to get my whole right arm done eventually, but right now I was thinking of just doing my forearm. I have an idea of what I want to do.

I’d like to do a collage (or whatever it’s called) of 4 leaf clovers behind my last name. I was actually thinking of doing something like where the 4 leaf clovers look normal, but inside a few of them there are images of different types of things. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a collage of 4 leaf clovers on someones arm. I tried googling and searched deviantart, but I couldn’t really find anything. I’m just wondering if it looks cheesy or if it looks good.

thanks for the help in advance.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

If you have an artist in mind tell him (or her) your ideas and they will work with it.

Keep us posted as well as pictures.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@imthedan 121483 wrote:

Hey guys,

I’ve been thinking about it for awhile and I think I want to get my first tattoo. The thing is I don’t want to get a ‘single piece’ or whatever it’s officially called. That’s to say that I do not want to get a tattoo on my shoulder and be done. I actually want to get my whole right arm done eventually, but right now I was thinking of just doing my forearm. I have an idea of what I want to do.

I’d like to do a collage (or whatever it’s called) of 4 leaf clovers behind my last name. I was actually thinking of doing something like where the 4 leaf clovers look normal, but inside a few of them there are images of different types of things. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a collage of 4 leaf clovers on someones arm. I tried googling and searched deviantart, but I couldn’t really find anything. I’m just wondering if it looks cheesy or if it looks good.

thanks for the help in advance.

Welcome. I like it that you’re already thinking of a sleeve. I hate the idea of your name tattooed on you. Are you afraid you will forget it?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

The good vs cheesy question is dependant upon who is tattooing you. Good artists do good work.
    Dont just go to the closest tattoo shop. Take your time and find the best artist you can for the type of piece you want.
    Go there, talk to them. If you dont feel comfortable, walk away.
    One thing i make a habit of doing is going to the restroom of a potential shop before i even talk to anybody.
    The cleanliness of the restroom is a good indicator of the professionalism of the shop.
    When you do finally find the right shop and artist, dont be softspoken. Voice your opinions cause ultimately the entire process rests on your shoulders.
    If you think the stencil shiuld be a little bigger, say so. If you think it is crooked, say so. If the artist gets up and touches something
    Without putting on new gloves, say something.
    The most important thing you need to learn being new to tattoos is that the artist is your friend. Remember that you picked them for a reason.
    Be open to suggestions on design and placement etc etc. If you picked the right artist then they know what theyre doing.
    What you think makes a good tattoo will almost certainly be different from what a tattoo actually needs to last for years.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@jerryatrophy 121488 wrote:

The good vs cheesy question is dependant upon who is tattooing you. Good artists do good work.
    Dont just go to the closest tattoo shop. Take your time and find the best artist you can for the type of piece you want.
    Go there, talk to them.

This I agree with this

One thing i make a habit of doing is going to the restroom of a potential shop before i even talk to anybody.
    The cleanliness of the restroom is a good indicator of the professionalism of the shop.

I have read that somewhere before I think all it means is that they have a cleans shitter.

When you do finally find the right shop and artist, dont be softspoken. Voice your opinions cause ultimately the entire process rests on your shoulders.
    If you think the stencil shiuld be a little bigger, say so. If you think it is crooked, say so. If the artist gets up and touches something

I agree

The most important thing you need to learn being new to tattoos is that the artist is your friend.

I couldn’t disagree more This is why so many people walk around with craptastic ink and are planning to get more from the same crappy tattooist.
    The tattooist is not going to be your buddy you will see them for a couple of hours for a professional transaction your not looking for a new buddy to drinking with. That being said I have went out for beers with 75% of the artists that have tattooed me after the tattoo.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go there, talk to them.

This I agree with this

I have read that somewhere before I think all it means is that they have a cleans shitter.

I agree

The most important thing you need to learn being new to tattoos is that the artist is your friend.

I couldn’t disagree more This is why so many people walk around with craptastic ink and are planning to get more from the same crappy tattooist.
    The tattooist is not going to be your buddy you will see them for a couple of hours for a professional transaction your not looking for a new buddy to drinking with. That being said I have went out for beers with 75% of the artists that have tattooed me after the tattoo. I really don’t understand the need of people to have a relationship with their tattooist, Most tattooist don’t see it that way they see you as a client.

imthedan
    Participant
    @imthedan

@buttwheat 121487 wrote:

Welcome. I like it that you’re already thinking of a sleeve. I hate the idea of your name tattooed on you. Are you afraid you will forget it?

Haha. My Mom said the same thing. I don’t know; I just like the theme that I’m going with. My last name is Murphy, so it fits an irish theme that I have in mind.

Honestly, I don’t know if you guys have ever watched wrestling before, but there’s this guy named Randy Orton that got some skull tattoos on his arm. I actually like the way it’s shaded. I wanted something similar to that, but instead of skulls, I wanted to go with the clovers.

Randy_Orton_wallpaper_2012+(3).jpg

I like the way the black ink interacts with the shaded color behind it. I’d like to do something where murphy was in the black ink, and the clovers were the shaded color behind it.

Other question, that’s a little off topic, but I have been working out more lately. If I were to get a tattoo on my arm, then my arms got bigger, how would that distort the tattoo – if at all?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Are those real? Looks photo shopped:-)

Personally I would stay away from the text, find a good artist and work together to make an awesome sleeve:-)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@imthedan 121572 wrote:

My last name is Murphy, so it fits an irish theme that I have in mind.

Remember Murphy’s Law. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. (Make sure they spell your name correctly!)

Keep us posted Mr. Murfy.

Good luck, Happy New Year

imthedan
    Participant
    @imthedan

@Sam-I-Am 121580 wrote:

Remember Murphy’s Law. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. (Make sure they spell your name correctly!)

Keep us posted Mr. Murfy.

Good luck, Happy New Year

Haha… I was considering adding the Murphys law quote in the sleeve somewhere.

yeah, the tattoo it’s real, but i think they did Photoshop the colors because there isn’t that much contrast in other pictures.

cascade505
    @

I’m also considering getting a tattoo. Never got one before, I was thinking of some kind of egyptian/japanese lettering with anime.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Anybody else feel like hitting that wrestler in the face with a bat?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 121641 wrote:

Anybody else feel like hitting that wrestler in the face with a bat?

Bat? No. Brass knuckles? Perhaps!

Doozles
    Participant
    @doozles

If you are thinking of getting a sleeve eventually, you can just do it piece by piece or you can go all out like me lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.