maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

Are there any big name artists in your area that you just aren’t into? I had a consult today, one of the best artists in my area, and I don’t think we clicked… At all. I can’t deny his artistic ability, but I wasn’t a fan of the way he wanted to do the tattoo, the conversation we were having was awkward, etc. Is it normal to not go to a top name artist for this reason? Has it happened to anyone else?

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

I’ve had a couple artists that I tried to book for conventions or guest spots and even though they were into doing the piece, it didn’t work out. I had one UK artist who was super psyched to do a piece, which was great, but it all fell apart from there. I asked if he thought I could put the piece on my left leg above a current piece or should I do it on the blank right leg; he replied “eh whatever.” Then I asked what he planned to do about all the white in my reference image. He said “Oh I’ll just bang it in there real good. It’ll be fine.” That didn’t inspire confidence in me at all, but when I tried to inquire a little further, he got distracted by some fanboys who were eying his portfolio and that was pretty much it. I decided not to go through with it at that point. He’s super talented, but if I can feel comfortable, then I’m just going to move on.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I haven’t had any bad experiences yet 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I did with Tim Kern kind of I got an appointment with him and Cory Norris for my Yukon Cornelius piece Tim just didnt seam to be pumped to do it and Cory was so I went with Cory.

On a side note I just don’t get the big deal is about Paul Booth.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.