BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Just discovered that season 2 of Ink Master is out.

“You win 100,000 $, and article in inc magazine, and most important… 100,000 ¤”

What do people think of this years contestants?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Same ol bullshit. Only Jesse smith is deserving of the title. Been one of my fav artists for a long time. I don’t know where they find these other guys. Clint cummings is also an up and comer in the scene but I don’t think he is mentally ready.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

They introduce them by saying “claiming to be the best”… so I guess they hang around at some huge tattooforum somewhere out there.

This is the second time a great “new school” artist joins in, but noone close as good in other “classes”.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Ink master rocks (I only say this because of my tattoo from a contest from last years show)

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

This show is total horseshit.
    Thats why none of the real artists will do it. It seems like every character is fabricated. Mostvof the guys are a joke.
    I watched one episode where a guy said he taught himself to tattoo in prison three years ago. And hes competing for a title?
    Wheres all the established top tier artists? A couple guys are good at what they do. Very little entertainment in this kne.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I never watched any of the “tattoo” shows untill channel flipping upon a girl wanting a tattoo with flames coming out of her vagina. I watched that episode. I did catch a bad tattoo cover up show too.

Has forum membership and visitation increased since these shows are on?

Shops in my area all seem to be doing well these days.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I watch both Ink Masters and then the new show on afterwards called Tattoo Nightmares. Sometimes I find what the artists say about each artist’s tattoo bullshit, but then other times I see their point. There are a few of them I like as artists but some of their attitudes are just horrible. I enjoy the fact that it’s a tattoo show but I hate the drama behind it.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Oooh. Tattoo Nightmares. Thanks for the tip!

I guess the drama is an issue because of the poor audience of good tattooers. All they get is dramaqueens and new artists which whines a lot.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

@jerryatrophy 119818 wrote:

This show is total horseshit.
    Thats why none of the real artists will do it. It seems like every character is fabricated. Mostvof the guys are a joke.
    I watched one episode where a guy said he taught himself to tattoo in prison three years ago. And hes competing for a title?
    Wheres all the established top tier artists? A couple guys are good at what they do. Very little entertainment in this kne.

Jesse Smith is most certainly a top tier artist, as are Shane O’Neill, Roman Abrego, Joe Capo – all of which have signed on for one of these tattoo shows in one capacity or another. I agree that most of the artists on these shows suck and furthermore, that most of the non-tattoo challenges are just outright stupid. However, $100K is $100K. 😀

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Some of the stories on tattoo nightmares are insane!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@yodaddynukka 119852 wrote:

Some of the stories on tattoo nightmares are insane!

Ive come to believe that everything on tv is fabricated and fictional. Especially “reality” tv.
    Thats why i like watching finding bigfoot. I just keep hoping they find him and prove everyone wrong!

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Can’t do anything but to love the way how they illustrate those stories.

I wonder… when people win (only one for now) the title INKMAZZZTER… they won’t be using that after the show? That’s just outright madness!
    “Hi, I’ll be doing your tattoo today, and I’m the *puts hood and takes out tatto-wand* INKMASTERRRRR!!”

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

They ruined this show, I don’t see how anyone could watch it, no talent hacks (except for Jessie)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@mrchen 119974 wrote:

They ruined this show, I don’t see how anyone could watch it, no talent hacks (except for Jessie)

How did they ruin it? It seems the same as last year to me mostly hacks and a couple of talented artists.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.