x561x
    @

What would you fill it in with?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I would fill it with laser beams and start over.

iggybuddi
    Participant
    @iggybuddi

I would fill it in with a good dose of athiesm…but that’s just me.

maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

I’ll second the laser. Maybe you can add a Darwin fish next to it?

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

Give it a textured look?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Make it look like stained glass.

x561x
    @

@buttwheat 119271 wrote:

I would fill it with laser beams and start over.

@iggybuddi 119299 wrote:

I would fill it in with a good dose of athiesm…but that’s just me.

@maniacthw 119300 wrote:

I’ll second the laser. Maybe you can add a Darwin fish next to it?

Get the fuck out of here you lame ass immature people.

@Panter 119313 wrote:

Give it a textured look?

Got any examples?

@Sam-I-Am 119314 wrote:

Make it look like stained glass.

I’ve had a couple people tell me to do that I’ve just never seen anything nice in this style.

You know how a sleeve looks? Like a bunch of symbols perfectly flowing together to depict 1 perfect tattoo? Well I kind of wanted to fill my cross in with that style and have the theme be chaos. I’d go into the shop and tell the artist to draw whatever comes to his mind when someone says Chaos. I think it’d be a pretty good open pallet for the artist and I’d end up with a sick tattoo. Not to mention the meaning behind it 😛 Will share with whoever asks.

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

No good examples, I know there’s loads out there but can’t find any good ones with a quick Google search at the moment.
    Something along these lines though is what I was getting out (sorry, crappy example) but to give it the texture of stone or fatigued metal

4265269781_1f1a051eaa.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@x561x 119332 wrote:

crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

@x561x 119332 wrote:

I’m pretty sure you were given the same advice time and again. I’m equally sure you have yet to listen.

x561x
    @

@maniacthw 119341 wrote:

I’m pretty sure you were given the same advice time and again. I’m equally sure you have yet to listen.

Meaningless opinions and advice are noooooooot the same sorry mayne.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/filled-cross-t22136.html

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@x561x 119262 wrote:

What would you fill it in with?

With clouds, lightning and fucking fire.

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

First of all, your skin needs to be thick here :p

If you like your tattoo (which it seems that you do), do you really care what others think? I loved my 1st WAY more than it may have deserved, but it was mine and meant sometyhing to me. I think I was reminded about that lots of times, and since then I have learned a lot more about tattoos, tattoo artists, quality, etc. But once you open up the gates of opinion, the flood waters will roll on in. As far as quality is concerned, as others have said, just do some real searching at some of the well known artists and look at their work. I thought my 1st one was great. In hindsight it’s a nice average one, but still I love it. I spent a year+ planning for my 2nd, and I think it shows.

Personally just move on. I think you know what your’e going to get when you ask. And as long as you like it, that’s all that matters. Whether I or anyone else says it’s quality or crap, that irrelevent until you ask. Not that you have, you are getting peoples opinions, whether you like those opinions or not. Since I like color tattoos that will taint my opinion right off the bat. Since I don’t like lettering in tattoos, more tainting to my opinion. From an artistic standpoint without regards to whether I like the piece or not, there really isn’t a lot of “art” in the tattoo, but again, that’s just my opinion. I’ll look at my first tattoo that I was all high and mighty about at first, and now look at it as an OK tattoo, nothing special or out of the ordinary. Not bad, but average. I look at my 2nd, a whole different story, but that’s because I did my homework. One day you will look back and realize what I did about my 1st – I like it and that’s all that counts.

x561x
    @

@metalmancpa 119522 wrote:

First of all, your skin needs to be thick here :p

If you like your tattoo (which it seems that you do), do you really care what others think? I loved my 1st WAY more than it may have deserved, but it was mine and meant sometyhing to me. I think I was reminded about that lots of times, and since then I have learned a lot more about tattoos, tattoo artists, quality, etc. But once you open up the gates of opinion, the flood waters will roll on in. As far as quality is concerned, as others have said, just do some real searching at some of the well known artists and look at their work. I thought my 1st one was great. In hindsight it’s a nice average one, but still I love it. I spent a year+ planning for my 2nd, and I think it shows.

Personally just move on. I think you know what your’e going to get when you ask. And as long as you like it, that’s all that matters. Whether I or anyone else says it’s quality or crap, that irrelevent until you ask. Not that you have, you are getting peoples opinions, whether you like those opinions or not. Since I like color tattoos that will taint my opinion right off the bat. Since I don’t like lettering in tattoos, more tainting to my opinion. From an artistic standpoint without regards to whether I like the piece or not, there really isn’t a lot of “art” in the tattoo, but again, that’s just my opinion. I’ll look at my first tattoo that I was all high and mighty about at first, and now look at it as an OK tattoo, nothing special or out of the ordinary. Not bad, but average. I look at my 2nd, a whole different story, but that’s because I did my homework. One day you will look back and realize what I did about my 1st – I like it and that’s all that counts.

Ok I can’t even read the whole damn thing because you’re saying the same thing everyone else says and I can’t fucking take it anymore. I understand why you’re saying it (you’re not being a dick like everyone else), and I’m sorry for coming across so disrespectful in this specific post. Please allow me to explain to the best of my ability.

do you really care what others think?
    Yes, I do care what others think. However, others is a very subjective term. For example; I can care about what my family thinks, while not caring about what this tattoo community thinks.

I am passionate about my tattoo, and appear to care about other’s opinions too much here, but in reality it is just the product of my own anger issues that make me feel obligated to continue posting. It really doesn’t have much to do with my level of “caring what other’s think”.

I’ve been institutionalized multiple times for my anger issues, they are extreme. I have had a difficult life, and this tattoo means everything to me. I’m not a fucking idiot, I don’t regret my first tattoo, I won’t regret this one. Hell, I have a deductive thought process don’t you think I’m capable of foreseeing regrets before making a permanent decision? Especially in regards to my religion! Hell no man, no regrets here, there, anywhere. Not to mention a lot of the meaning behind this addition is to capture a time period, as my first tattoo’s was. How the fuck can I regret capturing a time period in my life?

Smoked a cig so I can read this 2nd paragraph lol..I feel bad being so rude to you because you are actually being very respectful.

Quote:

I know I’m getting people’s opinions, as I do in real life. However, over the internet people’s opinions tend to be very disrespectful. This community is upset with me because of a thread I posted on another account 9-10 months ago. I asked if my tattoo will stretch or deform, and specifically stated I do not care for any advice, opinions, etc. in regards to my age. I have people in person to help me with life advice, the way it should be. Of-course everyone commented about my age, then threw me into the stereotype of a 16 year old with a cross tattoo, then all the followers started hopping into the band wagon of meaninglessly insulting me.

What do you mean by there “isn’t a lot of art“?

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

@x561x 119526 wrote:

do you really care what others think?
    Yes, I do care what others think. However, others is a very subjective term. For example; I can care about what my family thinks, while not caring about what this tattoo community thinks.

Right, now we’re making some progress.
    In future, ask your family what they think, don’t ask on here, or any other forums.
    That way you won’t feel all butt hurt at the responses and no-one will waste their time trying to help someone who doesn’t want to be helped.
    Job’s a good ‘un.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.