#39850
smiggle88
Participant
    @smiggle88

Hi everyone. Im having my 2nd tattoo this coming november. And since Ive experienced the pain, i just dont want to get back from it! I just want to enjoy the process this time. Im thinking of using numbing creams. Any suggestions? Ive seen dr. numb, emla, supernumb etc… but what do you think is the best? of does mefenamic better? :confused:

#131963
MikeyC
Participant
    @mikeyc

I have heard dr numb is the best. But i would talk with your tattoo artist about it.

#131973
Sam-I-Am
Participant
    @sam-i-am

Some areas are more painful than others. I was concerned prior to getting a tattoo around my ankle down onto the top of my foot. I’ve heard that the numbing products wear off before the session is over. I didn’t use any and I didn’t think the pain was too bad.
What DID hurt was dressing up a tattoo that was about a month old. That felt like a damned weed whacker!

Definatly talk to the artist.

Sam


210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

#131978
IrishEgyptian
Participant
    @irishegyptian

As a nurse, I can tell you that lidocaine or any numbing agent will only dull the pain temporarily. It also depends, where are you getting the tattoo done, what’s its size, etc. the pain returns tenfold, so if you want to enjoy the tattoo, don’t use any numbing agent. Use ibuprofen or something about 20 minutes beforehand, as it will help with pain and swelling as well- never a numbing agent. I hope this helps.

#131987
jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Dont use a numbing cream. From what ive heard, they work, but can lead to healing complications. Allergic reactions or irritations. Earn it. No drugs no pills no alcohol. Just you and your threshold.
Pain is temporary but a poorly healed tattoo is forever.

#131992
smiggle88
Participant
    @smiggle88
MikeyC;119114 wrote:
I have heard dr numb is the best. But i would talk with your tattoo artist about it.

Yup. I would talk to my tat artist today. And we will see! 🙂 Ill just get back here 🙂 Thanks!:)

#131993
smiggle88
Participant
    @smiggle88
Sam-I-Am;119124 wrote:
Some areas are more painful than others. I was concerned prior to getting a tattoo around my ankle down onto the top of my foot. I’ve heard that the numbing products wear off before the session is over. I didn’t use any and I didn’t think the pain was too bad.
What DID hurt was dressing up a tattoo that was about a month old. That felt like a damned weed whacker!

Definatly talk to the artist.

Sam

Thanks sam! 🙂 I dont have problem with aftercare as i heal okay. What I cant really bare is the process. gush! dont wanna go back to that again. i experienced it so I guess, once is enough? 😛 but thanks!:D

#131994
smiggle88
Participant
    @smiggle88
IrishEgyptian;119129 wrote:
As a nurse, I can tell you that lidocaine or any numbing agent will only dull the pain temporarily. It also depends, where are you getting the tattoo done, what’s its size, etc. the pain returns tenfold, so if you want to enjoy the tattoo, don’t use any numbing agent. Use ibuprofen or something about 20 minutes beforehand, as it will help with pain and swelling as well- never a numbing agent. I hope this helps.

Hi! Thanks so much, really appreciate some view from somebody in medical field. I want it done on my back, pelvis area, and it will cover the entire span. I just want to do not experience the pain really during the process. coz the last time, i have to return the following day coz we havent finish it coz i cant bare it no more! 😮 so i just want it done rapidly without pain. after the tats done, was advise to take pain reliever every 4 hours, and it do the trick 😛 by the way, i guess it would be better taking ibuprofen before hand and put some numbing cream on the area. what ya think? Thanks!

#131995
smiggle88
Participant
    @smiggle88

Dont have problems with allergy though. So much earning for my first time, dont want it again! LOL Ill try to read more about it and ask my tat artist what he could advise too! 🙂 Thanks!

#131996
Sam-I-Am
Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’ve sat there thinking, “What the fuck am I doing?”
But I have a 6 to 8 hour session coming up in two weeks.

Tattoos are like potato chips! Nobody can eat just one!


210 inking hours and counting.

Tattoos are for the living. Tombstones are for the dead. Get a tattoo for yourself!

#131997
smiggle88
Participant
    @smiggle88

Ahahahah! you got it right! lol.. thats why, i really dread the pain..but i just want it so bad..thats why im looking for options.. 😛

#132002
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi
smiggle88;119146 wrote:
so i just want it done rapidly without pain

Never gonna happen sweetheart. It’s not supposed to be a pain-free, easy process. It’ll be worth the pain, just think of that.


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.