Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

New photographs of my whale tattoo and photo of new “Blue Collar lizard” by former apprentice Dave. (turned out to be about 4 hours including a couple of breaks)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m sorry but that whale is fucking awful.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

It was my wife’s design. The symbol is for “Aries”, hers is “Leo”. It was a compromise. I think it may be overly “cute”. (Hers has eye lashes)
Sam

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

“Former apprentice” was promoted before he was ready.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I told you in another thread that you need to stop going to that horrible tattoo shop. You could be getting AMAZING tattoos for a slight increase in price, if any at all. It’s a fucking shame to be honest.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Before getting any tattoo work done, I looked at hundreds of tattoos. Butt, Jerry, and Amok, all of you have quality workmanship done by different artists. For the most part the subject matter is not for me (excepy the Chinese dragon).
Even though I fully understood the permenence involved in a tattoo, I did jump in as a novice. I now have several references from two “experienced” tattoo collectors at work.
As for Dave being promoted early, it seems it was a little too convenient that it happened right before my piece. (cost an extra $100.00)
Thanks for your rather blunt advice. I’ll keep you posted.

Sam

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

First off id like to say, while i am completely happy with every tattoo i have (but one) i feel like the majority of my work is average at best. Especially compared to most of the regulars around here.

100$ extra for the tattoo from an apprentice. Thats very odd.
Theres a female tattooer that has her own room at the tattooshop i normally go to, shes been tattooing fulltime for about a year. They still call her an apprentice and she has a discounted rate.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Apparently he was only an apprentice for six months. I was a plumber apprentice for three years, a journeyman for three years, then a full fledged plumber.
Nice guy with promise, but not quite yet.

My tattoos? I think once the adjunct foliage and tropical flowers are a reality things will work out especially with the bold colors.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Sam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.