Anon99
Participant
@anon99

Hey guys, new member. I got this tattoo when I was 17 (28 now). It somewhat had meaning, but more so I think I was trying to convince myself it had meaning. I want to do something with it, either go through the pain of having it removed or am I considering a half sleeve which I do like on people. I know it’s not a great picture, but do you think anything good could be done with for a cover up? It’s quite bold so I know it would be tricky. Any suggestions would be awesome.

http://imageshack.us/a/img841/6758/tatzm.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go hawks. tattoos really dont need any kind of meaning but thanks to LA ink everyone thinks they need some fucking sad story to go with their tattoos.

It still looks in good shape for 11 years old you may want to get that hit with a laser once or twice before trying to cover it up. What kind of tattoo are you thinking? A jap sleeve with the right artist may cover that right up with no laser needed. Just remember you really only get one chance with a cover up the third time will be mud. So spend the time and research the right artist for the job.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I also think it still looks fine ๐Ÿ™‚

John48
@

Hi dear, don’t remove your tattoo its your identity. If you remove it you will loss your effort and pain that you tole-rat in teen age. if you ask about your elder they will tell you the importance of the tattoo.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

If you really don’t like it cover it. You may need a zap with a laser, but it still looks OK.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You would only turn that thing into a sleeve if you liked it on it’s own. Nothing you could add around it would make IT any better.

So if you don’t like it, definitely go ahead and have it covered. Pain is insignificant.

The black’s gone down a bit, but I’d still say you should opt for a couple of laser sessions to bring the colors down further, before going to a cover-up guru. The big question is, however, have you got any ideas for what to replace it with? ๐Ÿ™‚

John48
@

Hi dear, don’t remove your tattoo its your identity. If you remove it you will loss your effort and pain that you tole-rat in teen age. if you ask about your elder they will tell you the importance of the tattoo.
assisted living homes

Anon99
Participant
@anon99

Thanks everyone. Maybe hard to see in the pic but the black has faded a fair bit. I do actually like it but always thought it looked a bit incomplete. Originally it was meant to have a branch underneath it but I lost the design. If I wanted to keep it and turn it into a half sleeve, I’m just not sure what would work well with it.

IrishEgyptian
Participant
@irishegyptian

I’m curious, what was your meaning at the time? I wouldn’t say cover it up, maybe make a half sleeve cataloging where you’ve been in life since you’ve gotten the tattoo? Just a thought mate ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.