savthelad
Participant
    @savthelad

Been tattooing a little over a year and would like good, bad, ugly comments about my work, where i need to improve etc:cool:

Panter
Participant
    @panter

You need to resize your pictures dude, they’re coming up huge and the only way to view them is to zoom right out with CTRL & mouse wheel (for me)

Feedback? I assume you’re working from home? if so, you need to learn to draw then seek an apprenticeship (there’s some good threads on here full of advice) before picking up a machine again.
Your linework is very shaky, there’s lots of blowout and the designs are very poor.
That’s just my honest opinion.

Tattoo: A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

From the Urban dictionary

Tattoo design, any design, CLICK HERE

savthelad
Participant
    @savthelad

Thank you very much for your coments, I have been learning from my grandfather who cant actually tattoo anymore due to his hands. Hes been tattooing 30 years, as far as line work goes, hes said the same thing but all the subject know im still learning which is why they get them for free.

buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat

You look like you hay have some talent but go get into a proper apprenticeship. There is one tattoo that looks 20 years old. As said before your line work is real rough and what the hell is going on with this?:

savthelad
Participant
    @savthelad

Dad let me have ago at covering up an old tattoo – pic dont do it just – its going to be a full sleeve so as my gradfather says its practice i need

JakeArcher
Participant
    @jakearcher

sorry but it looks flat, not much contrast, and has tons of flat color, and not much detail, sorry just being real

More tattoo tips tattoo training
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous
savthelad;118317 wrote:
Dad let me have ago at covering up an old tattoo – pic dont do it just – its going to be a full sleeve so as my gradfather says its practice i need

The pic isn’t the problem. It’s just a very poorly done tattoo. It does indeed look like you have some talent, but if you don’t get with someone who can properly teach you, then you’re just wasting your time and ruining people’s skin.