peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Ok guys and gals, a strange request that will hopefully be fun too 🙂

As people mentioned about blogs, I thought about it and looked into it online. I find myself quite interested in documenting my travels and tattoos in a blog.

Now I have no experience of doing this and my typing, punctuation and grammar skills are lame lol

I still want to have a go as I think it will be somethig interesting to do, plus I recently bought a Nikon D7000 and all the trimmings, so I can take some beautiful photos. I have no clue how to use anything either on the DLSR camera and never used one before lol

This all sounds like it can only head one way with my lack of experience but I will enjoy doing it!

Ok so I wanted to buy a domain name for my blog and get it hosted.

This is where you all come in. Fun, stupid, serious and funky name suggestions for the domain name are all appreciated 🙂

I have thought of a few to start it off, don’t laugh too hard at my suggestions hehe, they are quite cheesy 😀

I hate the word tat but its short and most domain names with tattoo are gone as you can imagine.

These are all available to buy as well.

traveltat.com

itraveltat.com

travel4ink.com

globaltat.com

itraveltattoo.com

slingshotink.com

skintink.com 😀

traveltattooblog.com

travelinkblog.com

destinationinkblog.com

What do you think lol

More suggestions?

mbbransc
@

You can register a name at blogspot for free. Actually, I just checked at it appears Google bought it. It’s now called Google Blogger. Still free though.

I use Google Reader to follow blogs.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

peterpoose.com
ink-journey.com
ink-excursion.com

Many hosts have the option to install WordPress with a few clicks through Fantastico so it should be pretty easy to setup. I use HawkHost. Cheap and reliable shared hosting.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
D3FiANC3;117953 wrote:
peterpoose.com
ink-journey.com
ink-excursion.com

Many hosts have the option to install WordPress with a few clicks through Fantastico so it should be pretty easy to setup. I use HawkHost. Cheap and reliable shared hosting.

I like ink-journey.com

Thanks for the replies both but I think I want to do it properly with my own name and hosting.

I have wordpress installed.

Do you know any simple programme to make beautiful maps and edit them etc for posting?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
peterpoose;117954 wrote:
I like ink-journey.com

Thanks for the replies both but I think I want to do it properly with my own name and hosting.

I have wordpress installed.

Do you know any simple programme to make beautiful maps and edit them etc for posting?

Shared hosting is a just a term to describe a hosting service whereby many clients are on the same physical server. You’re not sharing your account with anyone. I know money isn’t an issue for you, but having a $200+/mth dedicated server to host a small, low-traffic blog is throwing money away, when a $40-50/yr host could easily handle the bandwidth. Just my 2 cents as an IT guy. 🙂

You can use Google Maps on your website. You could also use Google 3D maps. They’re not “beautiful” but they’re functional. Or are you looking for an offline solution?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
D3FiANC3;117956 wrote:
Shared hosting is a just a term to describe a hosting service whereby many clients are on the same physical server. You’re not sharing your account with anyone. I know money isn’t an issue for you, but having a $200+/mth dedicated server to host a small, low-traffic blog is throwing money away, when a $40-50/yr host could easily handle the bandwidth. Just my 2 cents as an IT guy. 🙂

You can use Google Maps on your website. You could also use Google 3D maps. They’re not “beautiful” but they’re functional. Or are you looking for an offline solution?

Your absolutely right and what I meant by my own was my own domain name with a .com 🙂

I found these guys who seem to be new and have very good reviews, so I might move my company over to them as well. In the UK too.

https://www.tsohost.com/

By beautiful maps I meant like the Google map I posted in my trip thread with places circled and arrows and shit, just a better programme to jazz it up a bit 🙂 I don’t know if it is possible or worth doing for a blog just wanted to make them look more professional or should I just go for the rough, I ain’t got a clue about blogs image lol?

Cheers

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
peterpoose;117974 wrote:
I found these guys who seem to be new and have very good reviews, so I might move my company over to them as well. In the UK too.

https://www.tsohost.com/

Search/ask over at Webhostingtalk.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
D3FiANC3;117977 wrote:
Search/ask over at Webhostingtalk.

Thanks will do 🙂

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

gonetravelink.com

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Thanks guys!

Well my favourite was ink-journey.com by Defiance. so I have now purchased that domain and hosted it with sharded hosting for £2.99 a month with TsoHost.co.uk

Installed wordpress and now to learning how to use it.

Thanks for all the help 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.