athousandtimes
Participant
@athousandtimes

I’m looking to get a realistic nature/animal piece done. Still thinking about whether color or B/G, I’m really open to either. I live in California and have done a little research on artists in-state, coming up with this list.
-Mike DeVries
-Cecil Porter
-Kari Barba
-Cory Norris
-Phil Garcia
-Kirk Alley
-Jamie Lee Parker

Who else should I be looking at in California? Maybe some other good, less famous artists in case I can’t get in with the big name people? Thanks.

PS Have any of you guys had experiences with the above names? Was it hard to get in?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i have work from both phil and cecil. wasnt hard at all getting bookings from them but i did get in with phil when he was still up and coming. i think the piece he did on we was his first award ever? dont quote me on that tho.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Jamie Schene is worth a look. Steve Wimmer is in DE, but he travels out west a couple times a year so sure you could nail down a spot with him at a convention. He’ll nail B&G or color.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Don’t settle stick with your list.I settled with one of my tattoos because I didn’t want to wait and got soso results. I have a couple by Cory and a standing invite by Kirk. It is amazing how short their list is when they love your idea.
Schmooze the artist on facebook ect. they all have egos and love the positive feed back then send them a message with your idea.

athousandtimes
Participant
@athousandtimes

What was the process of discussing your idea with the artist like? Did you have a real specific idea, or did you more let the artist do whatever they wanted with the idea?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

When I give them the very basic idea with no guidelines and let them run with it is when I get the best tattoos.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
buttwheat;117941 wrote:
When I give them the very basic idea with no guidelines and let them run with it is when I get the best tattoos.

This is exactly what I do/doing, I think it’s the best way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.