LovesDogs
Participant
@lovesdogs

I’m looking to get a Polynesian design on my forearm. I found one tattoo parlor that specializes in polynesian designs near me & the artist told me upfront its $175 per hour. I’m going saturday to see what he draws up for me.

My question is, about how long would it take to complete this type of tattoo. I know the question is very broad but i would like an idea before i show my face there & get an answer i wasnt expecting…

samoan-tattoos1.jpg

Thank you for your time

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

That particular piece looks fairly simplistic. Few hours maybe?

LovesDogs
Participant
@lovesdogs
D3FiANC3;117729 wrote:
That particular piece looks fairly simplistic. Few hours maybe?

Thankyou for your response!

Do you think its something i can get done in one sitting. What if i wanted to completely cover my forearm? Is this something thats worked on for months ? Im new to tattoos.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

If you are just talking about the outer side of the forearm, it could certainly be done in a day, but ultimately that’s up to you and your artist. Some artists work faster than others. Some don’t mind doing a 12-hour sitting, whereas others will call it a day after only a few hours. You might find that you’re ready to tap out after four hours or you might be able to sit like a rock for 12. Just make sure you choose a competent artist.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Looks like 3-4hrs, depending on the artist.

A full forearm would take much longer. Maybe 7-9 hours, maybe more, maybe less? You’d really have to get a quote from your artist to be sure.

You could do it in several sessions, if that’s what you wanted. Sometimes that can be easier financially since you’re spreading the payments out. But it’s really more dependent on how long you can sit for. Some people can sit for only 2 hours, and others can do 12 hours. It really depend on you. I did about 6.5 hours for my first tattoo and probably would’ve only been able to do another hour or so before tapping out.

Good luck! Post pics if/when you get it done!

Tattooben
Participant
@tattooben

The tattoo in the picture could take it in 3 hours.
But if you wan’t to cover your whole forearm it’s better you let it do in more than one session. It’s better for you and for the artist.
But that depends on your artist. If I was you I would ask the artist what is the best for him, because every artist is different.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.