plutonic
Participant
@plutonic

An important chapter of my life just ended and for a while I’ve been entertaining the idea of a tattoo to symbolize it. It’s not something I’m going to rush into, so I’ve got months to decide.

Words have always been important to me, I would like to have a sentence or two, however I have never liked the way quote/text tattoos look, I don’t know if it’s the script font, or that they fade and change so much over time. I think it has to do with how thin the lines are for the text.

There are so many things that could work. A small image on my wrist for example. But as I am becoming a teacher, I would be hard-pressed enough to find a job as a male teacher, let alone one with visible tattoos. I believe a small image on my chest, or anywhere else, would look out-of-place, I don’t really want anything larger.

Have you seen or heard of any ways people have made text tattoos different? Made them stand out more or look more modern? Any ideas about what I should do?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

As a teacher, skip anything that you can’t easily hide. My wife is on her way to becoming a teacher and has already been warned about visible ink.

As for the text, if you like it, get it. Most here are not fond of it, myself included.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I have seen text tattoos done well, but those instances are far fewer than those that aren’t done so well. Right now, however, I can’t remember what was so well done about them, but if I were to guess they would probably be big enough to do something else with them… shadows or even background materials.
If you aren’t 100% certain that you’d like a text tattoo, you should definitely not get one.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

This is a nice text piece. I don’t really like text only 🙂

2449y5h.jpg

vala
Participant
@vala

An image of an individual closing a book comes to mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.