gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

Sounds good, thanks! I’ll be sure to post it on here if I end up getting it done.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

fyi- david corden will be guesting at off the map. he is one of my favorite uk artists.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

oh okay, I think I’m gonna hold off and wait for Russ Abbott (in hopes of getting an appointment). I think his style should be able to mesh with what I have, with the use of some color too.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I’ve done my best to look at all of the portfolios of the various artists attending the Portland tattoo expo. Do any other names besides Russ Abbott stick out to you as well-known talented artists?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

here are some of the more well known artists:
big gus
jason kundell
carl grace
JOSH CARLTON
paco exel
russ abbott
cynthia davis
jason angst
mike godfrey
myke chambers
james kern
shotise gorman

i might have left some out and some of these might not be your particular style.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

Oh okay sweet thanks.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers
D3FiANC3;117294 wrote:
No, definitely not. Sorry I can’t help with any names out west.

You said not all great artists are great at cover-ups, is there any way to know if they don’t have a portfolio dedicated to cover ups (seems like many don’t)?

I am currently talking with http://www.joshuabowers.com/, any idea if he’d do a cover up well? My other candidate is Russ Abbott, but I haven’t heard back from him yet.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
gobeavers;117493 wrote:
You said not all great artists are great at cover-ups, is there any way to know if they don’t have a portfolio dedicated to cover ups (seems like many don’t)?

I am currently talking with http://www.joshuabowers.com/, any idea if he’d do a cover up well? My other candidate is Russ Abbott, but I haven’t heard back from him yet.

No, but I would expect that any of the world class artists that have been mentioned would be upfront about their ability/inability to cover a particular piece. They want you to be happy and they want their reputation to remain intact.

FYI Russ is being very selective about the work he will do right now, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

Oh okay sounds good, that’s logical. Yeah I notices that on his blog..so I’ll just wait and see when he gets back to me. I just hate waiting to hear back, meanwhile forfeiting a spot with another potential artist ( if he takes too long to reply) thanks for the input, real helpful!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.