peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Hi Folks,

I am looking for sun protection that doesn’t make my tattoo which is quite dark, white!

Can anyone recommend one that I can apply daily and doesn’t whiten my tattoo?

I have tried loads now from super expensive to cheap and they all seem to do this……….

Thanks

ArniVidar
@arnividar

What do you mean by turning it white? No sun block makes the skin white, except of course while it’s still being absorbed into the skin.. while it’s doing it’s job.
It just stops the skin from turning brown. I suppose that by contrast, the skin thus becomes whiter though.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I think he means the cream is thick and it leaves a white residue. I have had this issue in the past but the ones i use currently apply sheer, is broad spectrum, water resistant and most importantly does not contain oxybenzone. One of them is caled super goop (i think) and the other one i think is called alta md? Though i cant confirm til i get home.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yeah… I thought all sunblock was a thick cream. Anything that’s not a thick cream would let the sun through.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Try one of these:

45-2850.jpg

๐Ÿ˜‰

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

it was elta md. both work very well and i highly recommend them, though they are on the expensive side.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;117224 wrote:
I think he means the cream is thick and it leaves a white residue. I have had this issue in the past but the ones i use currently apply sheer, is broad spectrum, water resistant and most importantly does not contain oxybenzone. One of them is caled super goop (i think) and the other one i think is called alta md? Though i cant confirm til i get home.

Yep exactly.

It leaves my tattoo looking grey and pale.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;117231 wrote:
it was elta md. both work very well and i highly recommend them, though they are on the expensive side.

I have spent a few hundred pounds on creams in the last few weeks trying to find one, price isn’t an issue ๐Ÿ™‚

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Try the elta md uv sport then. i like it a little more than the super goop. I hope u can find it over there!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;117248 wrote:
Try the elta md uv sport then. i like it a little more than the super goop. I hope u can find it over there!

Thanks, I can order it from the USA only which isn’t a problem but it seems to have Zinc in it. Isn’t that the ingredient that makes the white colour?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

nope, i can assure you it applies sheer. i just used it 5 minutes ago. i can take a pic and post it for u if u like. just make sure you rub it in well. thats what she said.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I use Rite aid store brand spf 70 Goes on a bit white but after it soaks in it looks as if you just lotioned your tattoos.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I finally found one! A clear spray and it is not greasy at all, it is like wearing nothing ๐Ÿ™‚

Thought I would post in case someone else Googles looking for the same thing.

6dsfmr.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003QSPIFA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Very cool, thank you.
Now to try to find something similar in Iceland ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.