gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I have a few tattoos so I’m not new to the tattoo world, however I do not know tattoo etiquette. I had an artist do some cover-up work, and she is currently drawing up the flowers to add to my next piece (I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with a deposit down). I found an artist that I really like and would like to go to him, however I feel really bad abandoning her. When it comes down to it, it is my body and I don’t want to feel obligated to continue with her. However, I have already established a friendship with her and she is currently drawing up my next tattoo. Any advice? would she take offense to me not following through? I don’t mind losing the deposit (only $50), as I feel she deserves it for the time I my have wasted her.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

She may well feel disappointed but at the end of the day your the one that has to live with it forever. She will get over it and leaving a deposit plus something for the drawings if she has done or maybe a present of some kind 🙂

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
peterpoose;117067 wrote:
she may well feel disappointed but at the end of the day your the one that has to live with it forever. She will get over it and leaving a deposit plus something for the drawings if she has done or maybe a present of some kind 🙂

+1
………..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Dude dont let your feelings get you a bad tattoo. Walk away

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Generally speaking, tattoo artists are way too busy to worry about you finding a new artist. If you have a good relationship then they might give you a hard time. All in good fun. Just dont worry about hurting someones feelings.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you have to get the best tattoo,
giving up the deposit will cover drawing time

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I appreciate the responses, I feel much more reassured about going about it now.

Thanks!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Just let her down easy. Tell her it’s not her, it’s you.

You know.. all the standard bullshit 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.