harmany29
Participant
@harmany29

I am planning on getting “just when the caterpillar thought its world was over” going down my spine.As it goes down my spine the font size will decrease. At the end of this there will be a butterfly with fierce eyes. I am a little iffy on what text I should use. I am thinking of a different language. Something that looks more like symbols rather than letters (abc).
I’m thinking simple chinese or hebrew
Any suggestions to anything else that may look well?
Thanks

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Sounds like a cool idea, why don’t you get it in English why you actually speak that language? Never understood why people would want a foreign language on them.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The most important part about getting a text tattoo is that you make sure the spelling and grammar is correct.
Since you got it wrong in English another language would be most important that you get it triple checked by different sources.

it would be its not it’s

harmany29
Participant
@harmany29

Thanks.. Well english is my first language. Punjabi is second. I could get it in punjabi however I’m looking for something that looks more like symbols/design. I originally wanted just a tribaal themed design going down my spine, but whenI thought of this idea I was hoping I could find a different text to do it with. Along with that I’m very multi-cultural anyway.

harmany29
Participant
@harmany29

And thanks I knew I made a mistake somewhere. Your right I would have to get whatever text I’m getting checked by several people to make sure that the meaning matches the english meaning correctly. I’ve had a lot of friends whose tattoos were messed up just because of one single vowel. Although I really do want it in a different language, I’m still keeping my possibility open for old english.

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512
Wardy;116941 wrote:
Sounds like a cool idea, why don’t you get it in English why you actually speak that language? Never understood why people would want a foreign language on them.

This ^^^
Example; why do people get chinese tattoos when they are not chinese?!

harmany29
Participant
@harmany29
gawj1512;116987 wrote:
This ^^^
Example; why do people get chinese tattoos when they are not chinese?!

Well that is a hot topic. People may have many different reasons as to why they would get something in a different language. The reasons might not be the greatest but as for me its basically because of the way it would look. I don`t want English because it would be too long with the way that I want my tattoo laid out. On top of that I am open different things and I already have tattoos in my own language anyway. Just something new and as for me as long as I know how to pronounce the meaning in that different language I`m good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.