Kitty Danielle
Participant
@kitty-danielle

I just sat through my first tattoo…ever. I am an aspiring alternative model, and tattoos are a must. So I sat for 5 hours to get my upper back piece started and I wanted to know what people thought of the work. I still have about two or three sessions of shading to go. Personally, I love my wings. I think my artist did a pretty good job making them unique and making them fit my personality. Of course, they’ll look better when they are finished. 🙂

479953_368138923259267_1505597467_n.jpg

578875_476902722319743_1931788270_n.jpg

319374_476902102319805_890782025_a.jpg

Also, I’m currently in this tattoo contest to become a promo girl for the shop Truth and Triumph in Dayton, Ohio. If you guys like my work then could you please vote for me? Just scroll down past the photos of the girls and click the bubble next to ‘Kayleigh Uhler’ and press vote. If i win I get $500 in shop credit! 🙂

http://www.tattooedtv.com/contests.html

Oh, and I mentioned that I model. So here’s my fan page if you want to check out my photos.

http://www.facebook.com/kittydanielle

Kitty Danielle
Participant
@kitty-danielle

I just sat through my first tattoo…ever. I am an aspiring alternative model, and tattoos are a must. So I sat for 5 hours to get my upper back piece started and I wanted to know what people thought of wings in general. I’ve heard they’re waaaay overdone, but personally, I love a good set of wings if they’re done right. But sometimes I feel that wings get negative feedback simply because people see too many poorly done tattoos. What do you guys think? I was going for unique look with my wings, but they’re unfinished right now and don’t stand out quite as much as I’d like them too.

578875_476902722319743_1931788270_n.jpg

Also, I’m currently in this tattoo contest to become a promo girl for the shop Truth and Triumph in Dayton, Ohio. If you guys like my work then could you please vote for me? Just scroll down past the photos of the girls and click the bubble next to ‘Kayleigh Uhler’ and press vote. If i win I get $500 in shop credit! 🙂

http://www.tattooedtv.com/contests.html

Oh, and I mentioned that I model. So here’s my fan page if you want to check out my photos.

http://www.facebook.com/kittydanielle

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t think there is anything that’s truly ‘overdone’, because if things are done well then they transcend the trend. There are WAY too many ‘meh’ Koi tattoos out there, but a beautifully done Koi tattoo still looks beautiful.

As for the wings, I don’t think they’re anywhere close to replacing the Koi or the Panther as the ‘overdone’ winners.

I think you have done a good job of making yours different, and you are absolutely gorgeous.. with or without those wings 🙂

What are you doing with them more? Gray shading?

Oh, and I think one thread is quite enough for the same thing, so…

**Threads Merged**

Kitty Danielle
Participant
@kitty-danielle

Gray shading, maybe some white…but the shading is going to be very dark, to give them a less innocent look than most wings I’ve seen. At some point we may add a little blue or purple to add some color and shadowing…but that’s up to my artist. 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Shouldn’t you wait until your tattoo is complete before entering it in a contest?

Kitty Danielle
Participant
@kitty-danielle

It’s a contest to become a promo model for the shop and have them put their work on you…not who has the best tattoo. But it’s okay, a lot of people misunderstand that. 🙂

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Work looks pretty solid. Definitely one of the better pairs of wings I’ve seen recently.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Not a fan of wings but they look well done.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I don’t care for wings either but these ones are not bad. Congrats.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

If you win do they get to tattoo the shop logo on your chest? Great advertisment. Wings look good. Maybe addsome blood dripping off the tips.:D since you want that hardcore look. Are you only getting tattooed to fit into the modeling world or is it something you are doing solely for yourself?

clay1680
@

well im from the cleveland area and if you win this contest because i voted for you i am coming to the shop and hope you are there also. and if you can please post a pic of the other side of your body(and leave the shirt off) that would be great…thanksd

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

certainly a beautiful canvas,
the wings are unique, they wrap nicely, different from the many I have seen, I like the design, want to see them finished,
congrats on the tattoo, thats quite a start

karlague77
Participant
@karlague77

Nice wings! Good luck in the contest, hope you post a photo once your tat is completed! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.