Mpardo
Participant
@mpardo

Hey guys, i’m looking for a great black n grey artist around atlanta or chattanooga.
I’m thingking of gettin a half or full sleeve. Style would be realism.
I personally like Tony mancia’s style, but he’s got over a year waiting list.
So i looked around and i found jace masula and mike mcmahon. I like both their style.
But if anyone got suggestions where i should go to get black grey realism style sleeve, or any reviews about masula or mcmahon, i’m all ears. Thanks

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Tony Mancia’s work is incredible, but I wouldn’t classify his work as realism. Jace Masula is a great artist also, but B&G isn’t really his thing. It’s too bad that you just missed Stefano’s guest spot at All or Nothing. You can also check out Tye Harris in Nashville if you don’t mind driving. I’m sure mrchen will have some more suggestions for you since Atlanta is his area.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

javier the new hire at Russ Abbotts Ink and Dagger rocks black and grey and because he is new he has spots,
masula is very good, but color is his thing,
tony is amazing if you wanted to wait,
dave tedder at all or nothing just rocked out a half toroso skull and stuff in b&g and it looks awesome,
daves kinda slow, but he could get it done,

Mpardo
Participant
@mpardo

thanks a lot guys, i probably go to tye harris to talk about my ideas. we’ll see from there. He seems really good with b&g.
Mancia is amazing, but i dont know if i’m still in the area for the next year and a half, cause i move around a lot (job related).
I know every artists have their own style, But if you know any artist that has similar style to mancia, i will check him/her out for sure.
Dave is great but mike’s work seems to have the same idea of what i have in mind, so any reviews on Mcmahon at AllOrNothing ?? http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=219
Thanks.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

hes not that good,

never seen anyone rush to get tattooed by him, hes just ok

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;116090 wrote:
hes not that good,

never seen anyone rush to get tattooed by him, hes just ok

I think he’s quite good.

6976602419_7ac53da2bc_z.jpg

6767951165_d51022fc1e_z.jpg

6767962531_45f921af1c_z.jpg

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Damn, looks pretty good to me!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I have never seen these pics in his portfolio, nor where they taken at All or Nothig where he works, I have watched his work, every week since he rejoined All or Nothing, his work is average at best,

check his last years worth of work at Alll or Nothings website, it is certainly decent, good but nothing special

Brandon likes him, I dont know a single muther fucker that ewants to be tattooed by him, I agree with them, but if yo dig him, he is certainly available…………..he book isnt very full

here is the youtube vidoe Allor Nothing made of his work………………certainly nothing exciting on here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddmSSgAs1E

(for those of you that dont know, I wear 190 hours of All or Nothing ink and work one mile from the shop which I visit constantly, I have watched Mike tattoo dozens of hours, never seen a thing that impressed me, the current staff at All or Nothing pales in comparrison to the staff of the past, All or Nothing has employed the who is who of the tattoo world, joshua carlton, mike devries, sean herman, josh woods, chris vennekamp, dave tettder, vince villavalzo, anthony orsati, nate beavers, albie rock, tony mancia, jace masula, and too many more to mention…………..at time it has been the most published studio in the world…………now, its just an average shop) Mike is good, good is fine for most people, but Id pass every time

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;116124 wrote:
I have never seen these pics in his portfolio, nor where they taken at All or Nothig where he works, I have watched his work, every week since he rejoined All or Nothing, his work is average at best,

check his last years worth of work at Alll or Nothings website, it is certainly decent, good but nothing special

Brandon likes him, I dont know a single muther fucker that ewants to be tattooed by him, I agree with them, but if yo dig him, he is certainly available…………..he book isnt very full

here is the youtube vidoe Allor Nothing made of his work………………certainly nothing exciting on here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddmSSgAs1E

(for those of you that dont know, I wear 190 hours of All or Nothing ink and work one mile from the shop which I visit constantly, I have watched Mike tattoo dozens of hours, never seen a thing that impressed me, the current staff at All or Nothing pales in comparrison to the staff of the past, All or Nothing has employed the who is who of the tattoo world, joshua carlton, mike devries, sean herman, josh woods, chris vennekamp, dave tettder, vince villavalzo, anthony orsati, nate beavers, albie rock, tony mancia, jace masula, and too many more to mention…………..at time it has been the most published studio in the world…………now, its just an average shop) Mike is good, good is fine for most people, but Id pass every time

We were talking about Tye Harris. You seem to be talking about Mike McMahon. ๐Ÿ™‚

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yup, the last line of the post I was replying to was about review for mike, I was giving review for mike,

your my bud, we just didnt understand each other, you know me, I’ll do anything to keep you from getting bad ink…………I’ll carry your ass on my back 100 miles to a good shop if I have to!

Tye has MAD skills, 110% mrchen approved for sure

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;116143 wrote:
yup, the last line of the post I was replying to was about review for mike, I was giving review for mike,

your my bud, we just didnt understand each other, you know me, I’ll do anything to keep you from getting bad ink…………I’ll carry your ass on my back 100 miles to a good shop if I have to!

Tye has MAD skills, 110% mrchen approved for sure

It all makes a lot more sense now, but hey if you disagreed, I was cool with it. ๐Ÿ™‚

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

if you read the OPs question it does seem like he is asking about mike lol.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;116153 wrote:
if you read the OPs question it does seem like he is asking about mike lol.

OP made 2 comments and seems mrchen and I were responding to different ones, hence the confusion. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mpardo;116075 wrote:
thanks a lot guys, i probably go to tye harris to talk about my ideas. we’ll see from there. He seems really good with b&g.

any reviews on Mcmahon at AllOrNothing ?? http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=219
Thanks.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

as long as we got the questions covered, all good,
and cool, we all agree!

a good tattoo, thats ok, but if you can get a great one, why not?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.