EMAG
Participant
@emag

So the theme for my right forearm is “loyalty and respect”. I got loyalty on the outside and respect on the inside. Now I want to fill in the rest of the arm but am having a hard time deciding/figuring out something that would flow nicely.

Here are pics of each tat right after they were done and then the top of my arm where I need it filled in. I have to go back and have her touch up the shading on the letters of both tats, and I’d like to atleast add something to the big open area on the top of my arm.

Any help would be mucho appreciated!

8b1338d7.jpg

c9250920.jpg

ed4a16dc.jpg

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Are those two all that you have?

EMAG
Participant
@emag

Yes. I want my right forearm to be a half sleeve.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Surely it’s going to be difficult to turn two large text tattoos into a half sleeve? what does your artist think?

EMAG
Participant
@emag

I asked her if it would look okay before we did the bottom one, and she said ya it will look one and we would have a good amount of room to do some nice designs (which it does). Now I just need the help on something as far as a design that will flow nicely with the theme. I got the 2 words I wanted, now it’s time to fill in the blanks with some design or artwork or something. Maybe more squigglies, I was thinking about a star of David, a columbine flower, skull surrounded by flames, smile now cry later faces. I need help deciding And if I should do them in color oust stick with b and g.

My left arm will be a full sleeve that will rep my life and what I’ve gone through and I want it in full color. But I want to finish my right forearm before I start the left full sleeve.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I’d say filigree and stars. A bunch of stars. Maybe a nice wrought iron fence design.
maybe something like this. But with more flourishing.
photobucket-2796-1342165641765.jpg

EMAG
Participant
@emag

Ive thought about the stars, Would they look weird in color or would it be better for this to be all b and g?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Personally I’m a b&g guy. So I’m biased. But since your other work lacks color I would say stick with it. Added pic to previous post.

EMAG
Participant
@emag

Ok cool, I see what you mean. I’m trying to get a bunch of ideas so I can take them into her and have her help design the fill ins and the other artwork for me.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I got ya. Good luck.
On a side note. Avoid more large script. Its hard to incorporate into sleeves. I know a guy that has nothing but script everywhere. You can literally read everything you need to know about him. Where he’s from kids names wife’s name birthday area code. I told him to tattoo his ss number on his forehead.

EMAG
Participant
@emag

Ya I feel ya. I knew I wanted these words so I did them. The other large script I have planned won’t be incorporated anywhere near a sleeve. The left arm sleeve won’t have any script in it, just artwork and design.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Can’t you just wrap the rest of your arm in that “shadow” / “shade” which sorrounds the text from before? Racechange is cool.

EMAG
Participant
@emag

Ya I could, but I’d rather a design or something.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.