noxarcana23
Participant
@noxarcana23

My whole life I’ve always cared way too much what other people think about me, for many different reasons. One of them is the fact that I was born with Pectus Excavatum. The degree to which I have it is not life threatening in any way so insurance would not cover any costs in the surgery to fix it.

Pectus Excavatum pretty much means that I have a dent in the middle of my chest (do a quick google image search for a visual). I have gotten over the fact that I am just going to have to live with it and embrace it. I was wanted to get a tattoo to cover the deformed area, but not to try to hide it.

I’ve seen tattoos where it looks like you can see under the skin to the bones and tissue of a human. And that is the best idea that I could come up with to get. I am not an artist, at all. And I can not find a picture anywhere online of a cool looking sternum or anything like that.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how I could get my hands on a picture like that to take to get the tattoo done, or if anyone has any other cool ideas that I could do would be great. I am open to any suggestions, thank you! And this will be my first, and definitely not my last, tattoo.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
noxarcana23;115039 wrote:
My whole life I’ve always cared way too much what other people think about me, for many different reasons. One of them is the fact that I was born with Pectus Excavatum. The degree to which I have it is not life threatening in any way so insurance would not cover any costs in the surgery to fix it.

Pectus Excavatum pretty much means that I have a dent in the middle of my chest (do a quick google image search for a visual). I have gotten over the fact that I am just going to have to live with it and embrace it. I was wanted to get a tattoo to cover the deformed area, but not to try to hide it.

I’ve seen tattoos where it looks like you can see under the skin to the bones and tissue of a human. And that is the best idea that I could come up with to get. I am not an artist, at all. And I can not find a picture anywhere online of a cool looking sternum or anything like that.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how I could get my hands on a picture like that to take to get the tattoo done, or if anyone has any other cool ideas that I could do would be great. I am open to any suggestions, thank you! And this will be my first, and definitely not my last, tattoo.

Hey there, welcome to forums!

There is probably quite a few ideas you could have there.

Your idea is very good also.

A whirlpool?
Tornado?
Water with nice flowers around?
Milky way galaxy?
Something ripping open and face coming out?

Loads of things you can do, good luck 🙂

noxarcana23
Participant
@noxarcana23

Thank you for the welcome, and I do like some of those ideas. I’ll have to think about some of those. Actually The first tattoo that I wanted was a full back tattoo. – http://s14.postimage.org/go6rb8p9t/tatttoo.png

I wanted the size of the picture on the right, but also with the crescent moon like the one on the left. But with my budget and it being my first tattoo I wanted to start a little smaller.

As for the chest, I do love the idea of something ripping open and face coming out haha. Just need to figure out what will be ripping its way out of my chest ha, no aliens though

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, there are definitely things that can be done with that idea. Depending on what you like in a tattoo, the hole can be used for something incredibly wicked. For instance, if you’re into the macabre, you could get a tattoo artist to draw for you the anatomy as it would look if the hole was an actual hole, and whatever is supposed to be in the hole is gone. So jagged broken ribs, torn muscles, missing organs, all gloriously done in high detail.

What you need to figure out number one is what kind of style you’re into, and the second thing is to find a very GOOD artist to do it. A poorly done tattoo would not flow well with the deformity, but would accentuate and draw attention TO the deformity in a very unflattering way. You would regret such a tattoo for the rest of your life. You’ll need a grand or two at least to get it good.

P.S: The tattoo in that link is HORRIBLE.

noxarcana23
Participant
@noxarcana23

I would spend more money to make it look a lot better. I know the artist who did it and there are reasons behind getting it. Which to me, is the reason for getting a tattoo. Not only art but it means something to the owner.

http://monolithgraphics.com/tshirts.html

Scroll down and bottom left is the actual picture

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The reason for getting it does not make the tattoo any better, although such justification can surely help ease the pain of having gotten it. It is simply extremely poorly done, and could be done far better. This tattooer you know just isn’t any good.

We are talking about the large back-piece one, by the way.. the others are just too small to see anything at all.

noxarcana23
Participant
@noxarcana23

Yeah I understand that. And I meant that I know the artist who originally drew “Eclipse” from Monolith Graphics. Not the tattoo artist. I just found those pictures of the same tattoo from his website that other people have gotten, that is my wording mistake

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Ah! I understand. So you’d like that piece on you as a full back-piece?
Personally I think that original piece lacks the depth necessary to act as a crowning jewel as it were (the grandest and biggest tattoo piece of the body is the back), so I wouldn’t make it that big.

noxarcana23
Participant
@noxarcana23

Yes my original idea was to get it as a full back piece, but I was starting to think the same as you on the size. Which is why I came to forums to get more opinions, especially from people who know a lot more about tattoos than I do. So thank you.

But the back tattoo is going to be put on hold for a while with money issues and such. I need to start focusing on the smaller chest one. So far the idea that I am leaning towards is the anatomy one. Just need to find someone who knows what the inside a chest would look like, in high detail ha.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

How big is this ‘smaller’ chest one? How big’s the hole?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum bud, If you want you’re idea doing don’t try and find a picture of one, go to a artist who has done some kick ass pieces like it before and explain to him and he will do a design unique to you.

Just for the record, you could get that circle thing in the middle of your chest what Tony Stark has out of iron man to keep him alive. That would be a cool tattoo.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

You have probably seen these but I thought I would post them in case you hadn’t.

A lot is possible with the correct artist.

2aj9si9.jpg

jtmpmb.jpg

aw96d1.jpg

v5vgg4.jpg

21j7gb9.jpg

Dunno if this one is real but its shit hot lol

atvibl.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.