GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Anyone ever get tattooed on a whim? How’d it turn out? Horror stories are more than welcome!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think it’s safe to assume that about 80% of all tattoos on the planet are done on a whim, and of those probably 50% are made on a drunken whim ๐Ÿ˜€

I see nothing wrong with doing that. I was going to get a ‘whim’ tattoo at a conference here a couple of years ago, but slept too late to be able to get a session. In hindsight I think missing out was a good thing solely because I would then have to design a sleeve around that piece instead of designing the piece with the sleeve in mind. Had I gone ahead with it, however, I would not have regretted it. Merely wished that I had chosen a different placement ๐Ÿ˜€

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I have a leg for “whim” tattoos. I ruined it years ago with a poorly done tribal dragon. Now I have a “mom” heart on the top of my thigh that I did myself, a Foo dog on the inside of my calf that was done by a Japanese Tebori artist. I also have an anvil on the front of my ankle that says “black metal” with an upside down cross for the “t” in metal. I have a large vaginal looking biomechanical eye on the back of my calf. Last, but not least, I have a chaos symbol on the inside ankle. I actually like how random my leg is.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Ive gotten 3 tattoos on a whim. All of them younger and 2 have since been covered.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Nope. If I frequented conventions regularly, I probably would, but I would never get a whim tat from any local shop. I really prefer to think things through. Heck I even turned down a tat from David Corden b/c I just didn’t have time to think about it.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I actually had an appointment and purposely didn’t decide what I wanted. I didn’t want anything serious. After looking through a reference book I decided on a rooster hanging from a noose on my left lower thigh/ top of the knee. (Its hanging down to my knee) Most of my stuff marinates inside my head for a few years.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Am i the only person here who doesn’t know what a whim is?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Wardy;115022 wrote:

On the spur of the moment ๐Ÿ˜€

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Ah, so people do speak English. :p

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Wardy;115022 wrote:

Yes .

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

No I haven’t gotten a tattoo on a whim, and will never. I’m far too much of a plan-y type person to ever do something permanent to myself without a lot of forethought and research.

Though my sister got a tattoo on her foot during a vacation in Florida, and she’s never regretted it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.