Ghilou
Participant
@ghilou

Hey,

I have just had my thigh finished. We did it in two session with a couple of month in between (due to schedulling issues).

I liked the half finished piece. I could tell “I like where this is going”.

Now it’s finished I’m a bit disapointed. I knew what I could (and couldn’t) expect from this artist from the start, obviously. Even now I’m looking at his photo gallery and, while not stellar, it’s more than decent and I like what he does quite well.

He looked pretty happy and pretty excited with the result. But although he’s updated his gallery a few hours ago my finished piece didn’t show up.

Now i’m kindof doubting. We were supposed to add some white ink at the end but he thought it was perfect this way, and said he would wait and add white later if needs be, rather than spoiling something that might be good enough as it is. I’m starting to think maybe he was dissatisfied himself and wanted to see how it healed and how he would rectify (anything he would do from now on will be free of charge according to his charter).
The guy is above suspicion as far as honesty goes.

The tat’ will probably grow on me and if it doesnt well… You all have pieces you don’t quite like don’t you? I’m kindof lost right now.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Post a picture

Ghilou
Participant
@ghilou

oh well I will not post that straight away… I might send it via PM though? if that helps

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Why will you not post a picture? what’s the point in even sharing this information with us if you aint even going to bother to show us the tattoo………… :confused:

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Wardy;114729 wrote:
what’s the point in even sharing this information with us if you aint even going to bother to show us the tattoo………… :confused:

This. ^

……….

Ghilou
Participant
@ghilou

Yeah not my smartest move eitheir way. I just don’t want to have my tat and his work forever sitting in a forum thread with a comment of how i’m being disapointed.

I’ll let it heal (it’s really red at that time) a couple of days and post a meaningfull picture.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Wait.. are you dissatisfied with your tattoo, or with the fact that he didn’t upload it to his site? If his not uploading it to his site (yet) is the only problem then there is no problem.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Remember when looking at an artist portfolio only the best of the best of their stuff goes on it. So if your not happy with it he/she is most likely not happy with it either no matter what he/she said or showed afterwards.

Ghilou
Participant
@ghilou
buttwheat;114756 wrote:
Remember when looking at an artist portfolio only the best of the best of their stuff goes on it. So if your not happy with it he/she is most likely not happy with it either no matter what he/she said or showed afterwards.

Yeah you may be right. Well for best or worse it’s with me now.

I guess I kind of overreacted, It’s not worthy of a picture in a magasine but it’s pretty much on par with what I could expect. I think my redened skin made it look awkward at first :

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I like it to be honest!

Don’t know what all the fuss is about 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s alright that

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

That’s pretty lame work, I’d be looking fr a new artist

ArniVidar
@arnividar

All things being relative, that piece may not be ‘lame’, but I certainly would find a better artist to do my next tattoo if I were you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think it’s saveable. it’s a solid base but the shading is a bit off. DO-NOT go back to this same dude he doesn’t have the skills to pull it off find someone better.

Ghilou
Participant
@ghilou
ArniVidar;114872 wrote:
All things being relative, that piece may not be ‘lame’, but I certainly would find a better artist to do my next tattoo if I were you.

Well it’s on par with what I expected TBH. I like my arm well enough but reaching the artist proved such a challenge (not to mention trying to get a second piece from the same top-level guy) that part of the draw for this specific piece was the simplicity and proximity of the artist.

Let’s say I now have experimented both approach. I’ll see where my next idea brings me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.