xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

Interesting discussion (read through the comments after the article)…

I’m one of those who will always want full sleeves but might never get them while working…

What’s your take?

http://corporette.com/2012/04/24/tattoo-sleeves-in-the-workplace/

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

We’ve had similar discussions in at least two other threads and my position certainly hasn’t changed. Considering that the individual referenced in this particular article is going to be an attorney, she is most certainly going to need to cover up her tats. As for her co-workers, perhaps once she proves herself and gets to know them better, she can share her tats. Regardless of how the people in the office react to her tattoos though, failure to cover them when meeting new clients might cost the firm business and failure to cover them in court would be a disservice to her client, as it may effect the judge/jury’s opinion of her in a negative way. We can all piss and moan about fairness and equality, but that doesn’t change the reality of things. If person X wants to be a pioneer and push the envelope, go ahead.

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

I got, am getting my tattoos knowing that there will often be times that I have to cover them. While I wish this was not the case, I accept that that is the way it is. In Australia you can’t discriminate against most things when hiring an employee but from what I have read tattoos don’t have that protection. Yes tattoos may put some clients off and if I was employing someone I would have to take that into account BUT I would hate to miss out on the best person for the job because they were heavily tattooed and not prepared to cover them in some situations.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I cover my sleeves as necessary, I chose to get the ink, it is not accepted by everyone ye, many of the generation before me don’t like it at all, I’d dont mind covering my work, I wear it openly 90 percent of the time

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.