Youngest78
@

A couple of months ago I had a tattoo done which I had planned for a while. It’s an old school gypsy design and though I went in with the intention of having it done in black and grey, perhaps with a little dash of something else here and there, the artist (who was very good) seemed to think it would be a lot better full of colour.
I gave this some thought at the time and chatted to him about it and went with it.

The quality of the work is undeniable, and I’m happy with it. But I’m just not getting used to the colour, particularly since all of the other work I have is in black and grey, it kind of sticks out and doesn’t go well with it – the colours are very bright (red, green, yellow). I don’t hate it, and I can certainly live with it, and don’t necessarily regret having it. But I am kind of living to regret the decision over colour.

So what I want to know from those of you out there who know your stuff is: is it feasible to redo a colour tattoo in black and grey? Like I say, it’s not the design itself I want changing, just the shading. If so, is it an elaborate, expensive process, or is it just like having it done again?

I’d appreciate any advice. I’m not about to rush into any more decisions but although I have several tattoos I know very little about corrective work and what it involves, what is possible etc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.